Teaching Personnel are looking to appoint a Branch Manager to take responsibility for a branch within the London Region. Teaching Personnel is the UK's market leading education recruitment agency and proudly offer the best and fastest opportunities for progression in the sector, developing and rewarding future leaders in a team led and community spirited culture that attracts and retains the best talent. If you are an experienced/senior education recruiter looking for a management role or are already in a management role but seeking a new challenge, this role could be for you.The role
We are looking to hire a Branch Manager to become part of the management team in London and lead their own branch to drive it forward to new levels of growth and achievement. The London region covers all sectors (Primary, Secondary, SEN and Tuition) so we are open to receiving applications from experienced recruiters in any sector as well as other industries. Based on Southwark Street, London Bridge, a short walk from the Shard and Borough market, we service schools and specialist provisions across central London boroughs.
The London region has a strong team of individuals working collaboratively who would excel with a Manager who could provide the right growth and development opportunities for them while leading from the front, setting an example, and growing their own business.
The Branch Manager role forms the backbone of our branch network and gives you the opportunity to build and grown your own business while managing a team of like-minded career driven individuals. It is a demanding but rewarding role with many layers requiring you to drive high performance through being a leader, an expert, a coach, and a mentor.
Given the current circumstances, we are working from home but can complete all stages of the interview process remotely. We are looking to appoint someone into this role immediately. Our working arrangement (post lockdown) is a part time home/office-based routine. Full IT equipment will be provided for home working. We would ideally expect the successful applicant to be branch based 2-3 days a week and therefore would need to live within a commutable distance.
Key responsibilities include:
- To embed and manage short term routines and practices
- To drive long term campaigns and candidate led tactics
- Recruit and retain the right number and mix of quality candidates
- Lead, manage and motivate a stable team of recruitment consultants
- Ensure productivity and create a positive working atmosphere
- Maintain and protect welfare and wellbeing of team members
- Adapting management style to work effectively both in an office and remote working environmentPerson specification
You may already be a successful Branch Manager looking for further development and progression or a Senior Consultant who is ready to take the next step in your career. Either way successful applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- A strong work ethic and ability to lead from the front
- Embedded beliefs in team work, quality and continuous improvement
- Experience of working in a recruitment role (minimum of one year)
- Management/leadership experience within recruitment or other sectors (at least six months)
- 'Always Improving' attitude with the desire to learn and improve current performance/behaviours
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate these skills and behaviours throughout the interview process which consists of a telephone interview, first interview, psychometric tests, presentation and second interview.Learning & Development
All new managers within Teaching Personnel attend our tpDRIVE management development programme and an up and running support programme so there will be plenty of support and learning opportunities available for the successful applicant. Teaching Personnel are a destination employer and can offer many positive career pathways for those looking for career longevity, diversity and loyalty. There is potential for successful branch managers to develop into more senior management roles, strategic development roles and even Director positions.
We are also now supporting managers through a Level 3 Management Apprencticeship Programme so you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited qualification while working full time.Salary & Benefits
A generous package is also on offer for the successful candidate, including:
- A competitive salary (from £38,000 basic)
- Performance related commission (from £16,500)
- Eligibility to join our management share scheme
- Regular company-wide, regional, and personal incentive rewards
- A host of other lifestyle benefits such as discounted gym membership and retail shopping discounts
- Life Assurance and enrolment in a pension scheme