We are the UK's leading FilmTech scale-up platform and we are driving global film and television production into a connected, digital, standardised future. Recently acquired by US business Entertainment Partners, we are powering ahead with our goal to revolutionise the industry.
POP's technology has powered major movies, television series and commercials; including the Star Wars and Marvel franchises, The Crown, Killing Eve, Mindhunter, Empire, The Witcher, Outlander, Wonder Woman, Downton Abbey, 1917, Bohemian Rhapsody, Mission Impossible 6 - Fallout, Mamma Mia - Here We Go Again, Spectre and Empire. Working with production companies, studios, crew members and artists our platform supports all aspects of the industry whether that's on set, casting crowd scenes or individuals building their careers.
We stand apart from the crowd because we are founded and helmed by industry professionals plus we have an expert in-house product development team and industry-leading engineering capability. It is our vision to bring a smarter, fairer future for entertainment and we are looking for like minded people from the industry to help us deliver that vision by creating Production Out of the Box.
A number of our activities have specific AML and potential regulatory obligations and everything we do comes within both broader data protection regulations and Entertainment Partners' sector-leading security and integrity standards.
We're now looking for an experienced Head of Compliance to work with us in reflecting our position as part of the most trusted production finance and production management partner for the entertainment industry.The role
Key objectives and required experience
- Broad compliance brief covering support for the platform and its deployment across three UK portals together with its development
- Supporting scalability and growth of specific functional areas such as our payroll processing activities
- Acting as internal expert on all aspects of compliance from risk to mitigation to monitoring and reporting
- Communicating actively with development teams (product and technical) to illuminate risk positions and co-develop mitigation and monitoring
- Reporting in to the top UK leadership team but with a direct route to the Group's legal \ risk team in the US
Role will include the following key responsibilities
- Ensuring regulatory and contractual compliance
- Maintain good relations with regulators and oversight bodies (eg HMRC)
- Maintaining appropriate AML positions and MLRO responsibilities
- Leading on automation of control and audit processes to underpin compliance levels and reduce costs whilst increasing scalability
- Creating problem statements for discussion and development with the product and technology teams
- Building a culture of best practice in compliance and explaining the value of automated compliance to the rest of the business and clients
Desirable experience and expertise
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Data Protection Officer
- Acted as DPO
- Worked with payment flows and understanding of FCA regulatory frameworks (activities and technology)
- Exposure to SaaS / cloud software platform developments within growth-stage businesses
- Exposure to HMRC or similar AML oversight regimes
- Examples of taking systems through compliance upgrades
- Working with US parent companies / insight into US compliance mindsets