Technical Consultant / SAS Consultant required for a global consultancy firm and certified SAS Institute partner. You will be working with teams of SAS experts on varied and challenging projects within a client portfolio of Financial Services heavyweights ranging from Tier-1 Investment & Retail Banks to emerging challenger banks and established insurance providers.
As a talented, experienced Consultant with 3+years' experience in developing SAS solutions, your task will be to deliver SAS solutions using a variety of SAS EG (Enterprise Guide), Base SAS, SAS Macros and other SAS products (e.g. SAS DI Studio (Data Integration Studio), SAS Viya, SAS DQ (Data Quality) as per requirements of the client, the project manager or the technical lead. You will have a good proficiency of SAS and polished stakeholder management skills. You will also be responsible for sharing your knowledge with colleagues, and developing junior staff, working with you on site. The client-facing nature of consultancy demands you be willing to travel (in due course) for work purposes and be happy to stay away from home for extended periods
* Highly proficient in Base SAS, SAS Macros PROC SQL and SAS Enterprise Guide
* Any experience with SAS DI / SAS DQ / SAS Viya / DataFlux highly beneficial
* Experienced in general SQL use
* Understands data integration and management principles
* Ability to assimilate business requirements
* Able to translate simple Business requirements into technical design
* Able to manage your own time, delivering as per project / technical lead requirements.
* Provide guidance / coach graduate consultants.
* Plan the design of a project / suite of programs.
* Develop reporting / analytics skills: use what have been learnt doing BAU roles to develop own programs and processes
* Good documentation skills
* Good understanding of version control methodologies
* Understanding of the development life cycle
* Understanding of business process improvements
* Ability to represent processes as process flow or swim lane diagrams
* Unit Testing
* Base SAS Certification
* Other SAS certifications would be an advantage
* University Degree