School Office Manager - Hatfield - ImmediatelyJob Title:Office Manager
Tempest Resourcing are recruiting on behalf of a School who are looking to appoint an experienced Office Manager with a background in school administration.
The role is based in Hatfield
and it is a FullTime
. The school are looking for someone who can start Immediately
The perfect candidate will have previous experience as an Office Manager,
this does not have to be a school but you must have school administration experience.The Officer Manager duties and responsibilities will include:Job Purpose:
Personal Specification:Essential Qualifications and experience
- The School Office Manager is responsible for providing professional leadership and management of administration officers and personal assistant to the head of the school.
- The School Office Manager promotes the highest standards of ethos within the administrative function of the school and strategically ensures the most effective use of resources in support of the school's administration process.
- The School Office Manager is responsible for Administration management and ensuring that the admin team are supported and directed in a way that allows upmost productivity and performance at they forefront of the school.
Knowledge and skills
- Recognised management/PA experience.
- Experience of managing within a school or other establishment.
- Evidence of finance, business or administrative management experience to support the day-to-day operation of an establishment/company.
- Evidence of being an effective leader.
- Experience of managing and influencing decision making.
- Experience of managing change and implementing new systems/ procedures/controls.
- Knowledge and experience of HR.
- Ability to build and form good relationships with students, colleagues and other professionals.
- Able to lead, develop and motivate a team of staff, delegating duties as required including an ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the need to communicate effectively with colleagues, students and other professionals.
- Ability to proficiently use office computer and data software including, spreadsheet, database/s and internet systems.
- Ability and knowledge to produce reports ideally combined with operational experience.
- Good working knowledge of principles and methods of financial control and reporting, and their adaptation to various purposes, including the preparation of financial accounts.
- Working knowledge of law with regard to Health and Safety legislation, contracts, freedom of information act, copyright and data protection.
- A Working knowledge of facilities management
To apply for this position please contact Megan Hill at Tempest Resourcing or fill out the application form below.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to support senior management, including the Headteacher to help manage their days.
- Initiative and ability to prioritise one's own work and that of others to meet deadlines when under pressure.
- Able to lead and work in collaboration with the administration team.
- Able to constructively challenge self and others to continually improve own and team performance.
- Able to work flexibly, adopt a 'hands on' approach, and respond to unplanned situations.
- Ability to evaluate own development needs and those of others and to address them.
- A willingness to seek specialist advice and awareness of where to seek it.
- Able to attend evening meetings
- Efficient and meticulous in organisation.
- Commitment to the highest standards of child protection and safeguarding.
- Recognition of the importance of personal responsibility for health and safety.
- Commitment to the schools ethos, aims and its whole community.