Director - Nursery Local Nursery in Newbury Needed ASAP Your new company
A local nursery is actively recruiting an experienced and competent Director who is an individual dedicated to Early Years, and can support a growth that is stable and consistent. We plan to add nurseries and grow our portfolio through a process of acquisition and setting up new nurseriesYour new role
The role of the Director is to provide professional leadership and management of the nursery/nurseries, to effectively control the day-to-day running and to deliver the highest standards of care and education.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Provide stimulating care and education to our children (love, learning and laughter)
- Fully compliant with regulatory requirements
- Lead Ofsted inspections
- Recruit, train, mentor and develop a team of employees who feel supported in their roles
- Create a stimulating and supportive organisational ethos in which members of staff thrive
- Meet targets for revenue and costs
- Ability to increase and maintain occupancy through parent partnership programmes
What you need to do now
- Level 3 qualification or above in childcare
- An Enhanced DBS disclosure - can be acquired
- A minimum 5 years' experience of working with children in a management capacity
- Good working knowledge and understanding of current health and safety legislation
- Be able to meet Ofsted Registered Person requirements
- A sound knowledge of child protection procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of key legislation related to childcare and education
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive, creative, confident and approachable (generate drive and energy)
- Capable of working on own initiative and able to prioritise workload
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.