Transactional Finance Clerk 12-Month FTC, Birmingham, £24,000
Hays are delighted to be working with a large and complex public sector organisation based in Birmingham, to recruit for two Transactional Finance Clerk roles, both of which are on a 12-Month FTC basis. One of the roles is to cover a maternity leave and will focus around, while the other is to work on a project dealing with tenant refunds.
These roles will involve providing accurate, complete and timely data entry, processing and maintenance in the financial ledgers. Particular areas of responsibility include cash book and processing refunds. Key Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking accurate, complete, timely data entry and recording of financial transactions to the finance system.
- Ensuring ongoing maintenance of financial data quality of transactions and balances in the system through reconciliations and review.
- Performing relevant finance system processing tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures and controls.
- Collation, recording and maintenance of supporting documentation for the financial data entered/processed or to be entered/processed.
- Assist in investigations and audits into any queries raised by colleagues and external stakeholders around financial transactions/balances. Undertake corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure all procedures around confidentiality and data protection are adhered to.
In order to be successful in these roles you will need previous experience within a high volume, highly process driven transactional finance role, with a solid understanding of double entry accounting and basic ledger management and preferably specific experience with processing transactions onto a cashbook and processing refunds. A background in housing or property would also be incredibly advantageous. These roles require familiarity with financial controls and safeguards, as well as basic confidentiality and data protection practices. The successful candidate will be well-organised, very process driven and methodical. Excel experience is also required, along with strong communication and interpersonal skills that will make the successful candidate an effective team player. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.