Our IT managed service provider client are expanding and have an opportunity for a service desk team leader to lead their weekend support teams. The role could be full time or part-time, but must cover Saturday and Sunday, plus at least one day to handover in the week.
This unusual role could be an excellent opportunity to continue your career whilst studying, or managing family commitments during the week. Our client would be open to a candidate able to commit to the role for 12-18 months before looking to return to regular weekday hours. Their expansion will provide many opportunities for further career progression.
In this role you'll lead and mentor level 1 and level 2 service desk engineers, and provide day-to-day line management including performance management, appraisals and objective setting.
Our client support a range of IT solutions, mostly Microsoft based, as well as providing network services. It's important that you have previous service desk experience in a broadly similar environment.
It's an exceptional organisation for career development; every member of the company receives 5 days paid study leave, and they actively support internal promotions and progression into new areas, in line with individuals career aspirations.
If you currently have other commitments during the week but still want a challenging and rewarding management position, this role could be a great move for you.
- A preference for working every Saturday and Sunday rather than a 'normal' working week
- Previous IT support experience, ideally you progressed to 2nd line level
- Previous line management experience e.g. as team leader or team manager. It's important that this includes activities such as objective setting and annual reviews.
- Proactive and organised
- A creative problem solver
- A degree isn't essential but you will have received strong grades for the exams you have taken
- An ITIL certification, or experience of working in an ITIL environment, would be an advantage
We are an equal opportunities employment business and agency working on behalf of our clients and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age