The Admissions Manager will be responsible for the professional and efficient delivery of the complete student selection and admissions process, from application to enrolment, for the Faculty of Medicine portfolio of programmes. They will support colleagues in delivering operational excellence in all systems and processes. The post holder also plays a key role in defining and implementing the admissions strategy
A world-class leading University in Central London
The key responsibilities of the post holder will be to:
· Support to develop and implement the Admissions strategy in line with the Faculty of Medicine vision, and in
collaboration other key stakeholders.
· Manage the admissions process for the Faculty of Medicine's portfolio of education programmes.
· Develop and deliver effective student selection strategies to ensure that both quantitative and qualitative
recruitment targets are met.
· Provide a high level of customer service to prospective students at every stage of the application process.
· Provide regular reporting including analysis, insights, forecasts and actions. Ensure excellent information
reporting in relation to admission trends and forecasting.
· Work with colleagues across marketing and recruitment to develop integrated student communication
· Gather, analyse and interpret feedback to drive annual reviews and planning processes ensuring the continual
improvement and refinement of admissions processes.
· Support in the preparation of the Admissions and Scholarships budgets. Monitor spending within formally
delegated approval levels, ensure allocated funds are spent appropriately to give maximum impact and
measure return on investment to underpin resource decisions.
· Manage the full admissions process from initial application to student registration, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness at every stage.
· Oversee and support the processing of application forms by Course Administrators · Assessing candidates' academic qualifications and providing detailed guidance to the student selection committee on the equivalency of international degrees.
· Make decisions to accept or reject candidates in line with the Faculty of Medicine eligibility criteria.
· Update candidates' records throughout the application process using an Oracle database interface.
· Develop and implement efficient and customer-focused admissions procedures.
· Short-list students for the academic scholarships, in liaison with the Academic Director(s).
· Regularly review programme entry requirements, and the Faculty of Medicine selection criteria and processes to ensure the admission of high calibre student
The successful Admission Manager will:
- Be educated to degree level (or equivalent standard).
- Proven experience of successful administration in higher education or a similar environment, ideally
within admissions or a closely related team.
- Experience in the education sector, including awareness of international education systems, market
trends, government regulations, qualifications and selection processes.
- Proven experience of working in a quality service delivery and multi-cultural environment
- Proven experience and track record in reviewing, designing and enhancing processes in order to
deliver operational excellence and outstanding customer service.
- Experience of writing concise high-quality reports, papers, presentations and business cases
- Proven experience of creating and managing systems to track and monitor
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and to prioritise work
- Flexibility and resourcefulness in meeting changing demands
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to set and demonstrate high standards of quality and professionalism.
- Self-directed - confidence in decision-making and ability to manage multiple projects and work
streams simultaneously and to prioritise own work in response to deadlines.
- Evidence of a passion for and commitment to excellence in customer service delivery and quality.
- Excellent IT skills (in particular Excel)
A temp-perm opportunity to Manage an Admissions team at a world-class leading University and a competitive salary