As the Credit Risk Manager at The Cambridge you'll be in a newly created role leading the Society's approach to credit risk management.
You'll be based within a growing, well respected Risk Department, reporting into the CRO. You'll have the ability drive real change and developments in the Society's approach to mortgage lending and credit risk management.
Needless to say, you'll be an experienced retail banking credit risk professional with excellent technical and analytical capabilities, and enjoy working with stakeholders across the business.
We can't wait to meet you.Salary and working hours
What you'll be doing be doing day-to-day?
- Salary £50-60,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday 8:45am - 5:00pm (36.25 hours per week)
- We will also consider part time applications
You will be someone that:
- You'll be developing and improving our credit risk modelling, to support improve lending decisions and credit risk management
- You'll own the watchlist process and help us improve it
- You'll monitor and improve credit risk MI
- You'll own the affordability model, including updated and improvements
- You'll carry out thematic and portfolio credit risk reviews
- You'll carry out horizon scanning and emerging risk analysis
- You'll be a member of the Mortgage Credit Committee and attend Risk Committee and Board when required
- You'll carry out second line of defence reviews of mortgage underwriting
The Cambridge will reward you with:
- Has significant credit risk experience, ideally in the second line, in retail banking
- A good understanding of the UK mortgage market
- Excellent analytical capability and a good understanding of modelling
- Ability to write clear, useful, technical analysis for senior management
- Ability to engage constructively with stakeholders across the business
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience
- Help support and develop our junior risk analysts
An attractive remuneration package including:
If you're interested in joining a forward thinking Society, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Annual holiday - 25 days plus your birthday, a shopping day and anniversary day (start date)
- Private health care with cinema and Café Nero discounts
- A reduced mortgage rate
- Excellent pension scheme - if you pay in 4%, we pay in 12%
- Support for learning and personal development within your role
- Career progression across the Society
- A chance to give something back through our Community programme
- A positive working culture which encourages you to have a voice