Credit Risk Manager
Salary: Up to £80,000 per annum, plus benefits.
We're Together, proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester.
Lending year-in, year-out for over 45 years' we've grown into one of the finance industry's best-kept secrets.
We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities that make our customers' financial ambitions accessible. We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
Due to our maturity plans, we're currently expanding our Credit Risk
function and looking for an experienced Credit Risk Manager.
The Credit Risk Manager is responsible for second line oversight of credit risks at a Divisional level, providing key stakeholders within the business with comprehensive insight into loan book performance against credit risk appetite and to optimise credit risk decisions. This includes balancing risk and reward while ensuring we lend responsibly. The role will work closely with business managers to deliver a robust credit risk management framework as part of our overall enterprise risk management structure.
Together is a business that is never standing-still and provides an exciting place to work for someone who likes to deliver to a high-standard and is comfortable with change.Key Responsibilities
- Managing to the Group and CF Board credit risk appetite working with Group Risk
- Conducting annual review of credit risk appetite working with Group Risk
- Management and development of credit risk policies and standards, ensuring appropriate governance of changes and evidence of key controls
- Regular reporting and analysis that informs all key stakeholders of the risks on the portfolios and performance against risk appetite
- Ensuring the right data, analytical tools and skills are available to pro-actively manage credit risk to board appetite
- Management and oversight of credit rules, DIP rules & AVM criteria/performance
- SME and champion for the automation of credit processes in line with the business appetite and as appropriate for a specialist secured lender.
- Ensuring there are appropriate 1LOD for large lending and other concentration risks, e.g. Lending Committee
- Engaging key stakeholders to ensure credit & portfolio risk is managed within appetite
- Maintain and disseminate up to date relevant industry and regulatory knowledge
- Support customer acquisition journey enhancements working with Group Risk
- Principal contact point with Group Risk
- Oversight of departments multiple RCSA's
- Responsibility for Mandate structure annual review, ongoing governance and monitoring
- Ownership of CF Lending Standards, governance and monitoring
- Provide portfolio insight to inform risk appetite
- Support Head of Loan Servicing on LPA & Litigation panel management
- Numerical degree and strong analytical skills.
- Expert Microsoft Excel user, proficient in other Microsoft Office applications.
- A solid grounding in data analysis using quantitative analytic tools and good research skills
- The ability to identify trends and interpret data from multiple sources and investigate anomalies and unusual patterns / activities.
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to make recommendations based on findings considering commercial and customer implications
- Excellent communication skills to articulate complex issues/analysis to senior management and interact with other teams across the business both orally and in writing
- Previous experience of credit risk management
- Experience with analytical software, e.g. SQL, SAS, R, Python
- Experience of managing a small analytical team
- Experience of credit risk management within a secured lender
- Experience of credit scoring and decisioning technology
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West's most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 45 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of
relevant qualifications.Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.