A Surrey firm is looking for a conveyancing lawyer to work at their office based a 5 minute drive from Woking. The firm needs a paralegal with a minimum of 2 years' experience in residential conveyancing who can support the senior fee earner. Duties to include:
1. Opening new files, dealing with agents details and initial letters.
2. AML checks on clients, processing funds on account.
3. Updating New Matters List and TFB accounts system
4. Exchange and completion formalities on sale files and on purchase files handed over by fee earner.
5. Checking forms returned by client for correct information, applying for OCE and issuing contract papers
6. Dealing with enquiries raised by other lawyer, reporting to client with contract and obtaining replies to enquiries from them.
7. Dealing with calls from agents/client/lawyers and updating as required
The role will be office based but the premises are large, allowing for social distancing and have been made Covid safe. The role will be full-time, permanent and salary levels will be up to 28k. Full job description available on request.