Head of Operational Risk
As a second line of defence the role has responsibility for leading the Operational Risk function across EMEA & APAC. The successful candidate will be play a key role in developing the strategy and delivery of the operational risk framework to ensure that operational risks are identified, assessed and managed effectively; The successful candidate with have demonstrable experience of promoting and improving efficiencies to reduce the risk of loss, ensuring compliance with corporate policies, procedures, governance and regulatory requirements.Key responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Key contributor to formulating strategic direction for Operational Risk Management program in Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Develop, manage and maintain an appropriate and consistent 2nd line Operational Risk oversight framework, incorporating risk appetite, policies, procedures and reporting and issue escalation protocols to support local, regional and global governance needs;
- Enhance the existing framework to further identify, assess and monitor the operational risks faced relative to processes, systems, people, and external risks.
- Establish and oversee the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Develop and maintain close ties and collaborative relationships with U.S. based 2nd line Operational Risk team and program leaders
- Assess risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Provide robust risk oversight and challenge to the functions responsible for managing operational risks, making pragmatic recommendations for improvements in the control environment where necessary.
- Maintain ongoing monitoring of the key current and emerging operational risks
- Assists in assessing current status of regulatory related controls in relation to business processes and recommend control enhancements as needed
- Establishes and maintains a robust control environment and culture within the business and affiliates globally
- Support / lead strategic and thematic reviews of key risk areas, reporting conclusions to the senior management where required. Support response to regulatory engagement on operational risks, including those in relation to overall market resilience.
- Working with executive management, ensure the operational resilience remains within the risk profile of our Leadership teams and fit for purpose to deliver our core investment services and regulatory responsibilities.
- Represent Operational Risk in applicable Europe/APAC investment committees and provide the necessary line of sight in the Europe and APAC regions.
- Develops and maintains tracking metrics for management reporting and escalation
- Develops a broad and detailed understanding of the organization's landscape, culture, and technology
- Strong understanding of Operational Risk Management framework and tools including control assessments, scenario analysis and event reviews
- Strong understanding of processes and best practices in Financial Services, and/or Investment Management
- Understanding of Operational Risk management; modelling, management control, risk control and compliance over-sight functions, and provides and independent assurance
- Robust understanding of the construction of an effective control environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with Global Executive leadership and Investment teams
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence and consensus
- Strong problem-solving skills; comfortable tackling complex problems
Get in touch or apply for more information.