To assess, recommend and to approve (within designated credit authority) all Credit Proposals for existing and new asset portfolio via a risk-based approach. Key Duties:
- To perform an independent assessment and concur all credit proposals submitted by the business units (Retail, Corporate, Financial Institutions and Treasury) in accordance with designated credit authority, Bank's laid down policies and guidelines and make recommendations to senior management for consideration;
- To review and conduct in depth analysis on trade finance and commodity transactions.
- Administer the annual review process and all daily routine credit matters;
- Manage clean and secured overdraft and excess over limit positions through the branches;
- To monitor the asset quality via risk reporting system;
- Ensure that the exposures are managed within the defined credit risk appetite;
- Ensure that the risk rating scorecards are in line with risk rating policy;
- Stress testing of the credit portfolio against various stress scenarios in collaboration with Head of Credit Approval Unit, Finance and Credit Administration Department and Remedial Asset Management;
- Review regular information reports and escalate any issues identified to the relevant business unit/senior management;
- Coordinate with Credit Administration Department for delivery of all Credit information reports;
- To assist the Head of Credit Approval Unit and Chief Risk Officer in dealing with credit risk issues of the Bank;
- To formulate and review all credit policies and guidelines so as to facilitate the implementation of the Bank's business strategies, to cater for market development and to fulfill the statutory regulations;
- Ensure compliance with the Bank's Credit Policies
- Provide credit related support to branches and business units;
- Informing/updating senior management of global credit issues;
- Other projects/assignments as assigned from time to time by the Chief Risk Officer.
- To prepare and present ad hoc reviews and projects as required.
- To prepare, collate and distribute information packs for Credit Risk meetings at all levels.
- A working knowledge of both Powerpoint and Excel is considered essentials
- Relevant experience in the financial services industry / bank
- Strong Credit Risk Management experience
- Strong and demonstratable credit experience in trade finance and commodity financing and controls.
- Ability to work with organization wide stakeholders, work in small teams and take ownership or areas of responsibility
- Ability to lead the development the development of a bespoke system, in the absence of an off the shelf option
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and systems (MS Officer) skills