IT Project Manager-INSIDE IR35
Our public sector client are looking for an experienced Project Manager to take business ideas and requirements and turn them into defined and agreed projects to the point at which they can be initiated. They will then oversee delivery and implementation work taking full responsibility for delivering business process changes and sponsoring the relevant IT changes. The successful applicant will work on Infrastructure and Security projects and have experience of managing projects related to Infrastructure upgrades and security including cloud based systems and Office 365.
The ideal candidate will have a proactive and collaborative approach and be able to gain consensus between senior staff and key external stakeholders. You will have a FS background as a Project Manager and ideally have knowledge and experience of trading in the gilt and money markets, cash flow forecasting, loan management, bond market management including instrument pricing. You will need to have a strong track record of delivering high profile business changes.
The role will involve:
- Working closely with senior business stakeholders on new ideas and initiatives ensuring that the necessary work is delivered to facilitate timely and effective business decisions.
- Co-ordinating and managing the work of others as well as undertaking some of the business analysis and other activities where appropriate.
- Working closely with key business stakeholders on developing strategies, project definition, planning and delivery
- Managing projects and other business changes through the full lifecycle to successful delivery
They will know and follow good practice methods and be able to navigate through the work quickly and effectively to tight timescales. Good communications skills, a pro-active "can-do" and flexible approach are also essential for this role.
- Developing and turning business ideas and needs into defined and deliverable projects in a financial services environment
- Senior stakeholder management including experience of facilitating meetings involving senior stakeholders
- Analysing and implementing business critical changes in a financial service environment
- Project management experience in financial services ideally using structured methodologies and managing multiple work streams
- Good practice project management (e.g. Prince2)
- Good practice change management (e.g. ITIL)
- Business Analysis methods
- Awareness of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of the financial markets industry and its associated infrastructure is highly desirable
- Knowledge of how to manage project and operational risks is also highly desirable
- Strong inter-personal skills with a collaborative approach and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Highly structured, organised and meticulous approach to work, with strong analytical skills and a determined approach with an eye for detail.
- Proactive, hands-on approach, self-starter that is able to take the initiative
- Ability to multi-task and balance this with the ability to consistently deliver on time
- Strong self-motivation
- Good team player & mentor