We are UKFast.
Over the past two decades, we have grown from a start-up to a multi-million-poundbusiness. We are one of the UK's leading cloudand securemanaged hosting providers -supplying dedicated servers, private and public cloud hosting solutions, and a full range of technical,cybersecurity, and DevOps consultingservices. We're moving fast, continuously innovating and having a lot of fun in the process.
We transform our customers' businesses through robust technology, world-class solution engineering, and multi-award-winning customer service.
We design, build and support thousands of technical solutions every year for a full cross-section of the UK economy, from local businesses and charities to fast-growing eCommerce and financial services businesses, global manufacturers and retailers, local and central Government, theNHSand the Ministry of Defence - all seeking new and innovative ways of hosting their IT solutions.
Our business is built entirely around our people and our customers. We invest in our people and work hard to ensure our teams are inspired, motivated and supported. We are customer-obsessive and committed to self-development, hard work and having fun. We believe in everyone bringing their whole self to work as part of our fantastic bunch.
Our in-house training facility is widely accredited. For instance, we are the only managed service provider in the UK to be an accredited AWS training centre.
We care passionately about doing the right thing - for our customers and each other. It's important to us that UKFast is a diverse, inclusive and socially-conscious employer that contributes positively to our communities and environment. For instance, we have been Carbon neutral for many years.The Opportunity
Our plan is to become the best market provider in truly Hybrid Cloud solutions. Integral to this is the fundamental redesign of both our core network infrastructure and eCloud: UKFast's own private cloud product. These large-scale high-profile projects have led us to search for a Network Team Leader to help us transform our internal infrastructure.
Leading the Network Engineering team and working closely with UKFast's infrastructure teams, you will have ownership of network project management, team developments and the generation of new policies and processes.
You will not only lead on the development of UKFast's critical network infrastructure, you will develop individuals within your team to reach their full potential. You will naturally take ownership of major incidents should they occur. Being a natural leader, you will role model what great leadership looks like.
There are always opportunities to improve the way we do things. Continuous innovation is therefore an integral part of the role, not least as we are undertaking a major upgrade of our networks over the next 18 months. This is therefore a fantastic opportunity for an individual who thrives in a lean, collaborative, and fast-paced environment - a leader who is driven to deliver high quality network infrastructure and service outcomes whilst developing a growing team.
This is a unique opportunity to have a truly transformational impact on our business - a genuinely career-defining role. In 5 years time you should look back at this role as one of the most exciting, impactful, and personally rewarding periods of your professional life. What you will do
What you will bring
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Provide ongoing development, support and feedback for your team members and conduct regular 121s
- Motivate team members, recognise high performance, and reward success
- Listen to team members' feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Create and maintain team specific processes from change control to documentation
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Work in conjunction with our Lead Network Architect to drive technological innovation and best practice across our estate
- Work with other team leaders to identify and implement process and system improvements which contribute to overall business success
- Maintain good relationships with other technical and commercial teams through regular interaction and collaboration
- Ensure successful project outcomes through project tracking systems, monitoring of project progress and regular contact with Senior Network Engineers
- Build budget requirements for network infrastructure developments on an annual basis
- Maintain strong third-party vendor relationships through regular interaction
- Be an escalation point for the Network Team as required
- Act as the central figure for managing minor and major network incidents
- Significant experience as a senior network engineer working on large scale networks
- A proven record in OAM in large scale provider and data centre networks and their technologies including, but not limited to BGP, ISIS, MPLS, EVPN, VXLAN
- Significant experience with layer 2 fundamentals, such as HSRP, VRRP and STP
- Significant experience in implementing and maintaining Cisco or Arista based switches and routers
- Experience configuring and managing Cisco ASA, Cisco FirePower Appliance or Fortigate firewalls including but not limited to the following technologies, IPsec VPN, SSL VPN and IPS/IDS
- Experience in configuring and maintaining internet transit and peering with a great understanding of the wider internet
- Experience with network development and design
- Strong technical troubleshooting expertise with experience in both internet edge and core networks
- "Can do" attitude with the desire to find solutions to any problem which presents itself
- Caring persona with the drive to help motive your team
- Strong communication and customer care skills
- A proactive and forward-thinking approach to help progress the team
- Team management experience
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- Private health insurance after one years' service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service.
- Flexible working and work from home
- Award-winning training and education centre with four full-time teachers to help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn.
- Pearson Vue test centre on-site
- On-site gym
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles.
- Free onsite parking
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Team building experiences
- Weekly virtual quiz nights and team parties
- Volunteer days to help support our community and charity partners
- Active and engaged diversity groups with events and educational sessions arranged regularly