Bid Manager - NetworksLocation:- Home Based + Travel to client site when requiredSalary to £60k +£6k Car Allowance + bensNTECH
is recruiting an experienced Bid Manager to work for this leading Telecoms managed services provider.
Reporting to the Network Services Programme Director, you will be responsible for leading & managing Bid and Proposal submissions for the Network Services business.
Work closely with the Sales team, Subject Matter Experts and Technical and Commercial leads to develop compelling written and financial responses.
Deliver efficient end to end management & production of timely, high quality and ultimately successful Bids and Proposals in keeping within the company's Bid procedures.
Promote improvements in the quality of Bids and Proposals, ensuring that best practice approaches to developing and producing Bids and Proposals are always pursued.
Continually monitor the costs being incurred by the business throughout the Bid process and seek on-going measurable improvements in "return on Bid investment".
Support relationships with existing and potential customers including (Post Covid restrictions) site-based meetings and presentations.Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
The end to end management & production of timely, high quality and ultimately successful Bids in keeping within the company's Bid procedures. This will include:
- Leading and developing Bid winning strategies in partnership with the opportunity owner & business heads
- Producing material from Go/No Go stage through to deal review, Bid submission & win / loss reviews
- Post Bid submission support including preparation of Bid presentations
- Support the Programme Director with workload planning, bid forecasting, cost and win / loss tracking & reporting.
- Bid and Proposal reviews - won & lost - including recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure that the Bid wiki (Bid library) is updated and maintained with information from Bids you have led
- Extensive experience of managing and leading a Bid team (often virtual), driving efficiencies, reviews and continual improvement ultimately leading to an improved Bid / Success conversion rate.
- Experience of leading and producing winning Bids and Proposals to the Private and Public Sector in an environment such as Communications Service Provider, Higher Education, Defence and Emergency Services markets.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Financially astute with ability to create & interpret financial reports and models.
- Broad understanding of Telecommunications and IT products, technologies and services, including the operational, commercial and financial aspects.
- APMP or equivalent qualification (or demonstrable evidence of working towards this).
- A proven ability to write and 'Red Review' answers to tender questions to a winning standard.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- ITT Quality response writing skills.
- ITT Cost response financial skills.
- Demonstrable experience of winning as part of high performing and efficient Bid team.
- Proven experience of leading & delivering high and medium-value bids, ideally in a services or solutions environment.
- Demonstrable intellectual capacity to develop and deliver simple solutions to complex challenges.
- Ability to present, persuade and influence at all levels via strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Positive collaborative behaviours, promoting engagement and knowledge share.
- Able to persuade and influence individuals and teams to perform better as a leader within the bid team.
- Demonstrable experience of being a key part of winning and high performing Bid team.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation.
- A winning and 'can do' attitude that recovers from setbacks and makes opportunity from lessons learned.
- Visible ownership and accountability, encouraging this in others.
- Ability to working independently whilst retaining a team-based approach and maintaining strong personal relationships.
- A high level of emotional intelligence.
- Strong sense of pride in and quality of personal and business outputs.