Our client, a progressive and forward-thinking US headquartered law firm, has a brand-new opportunity for a Risk & Compliance Lawyer to join their London office. You will report directly to the Administrative Partner for the London office who is also the Firm's MLRO, COLP and DPO, and be part of the Compliance Unit working with the Administrative Partner, the COFA and the Compliance Officer. The Firm is open to finding someone on a full-time basis, or part time (minimum of 3 days a week).
Key responsibilities for the Risk & Compliance Lawyer be varied including:
- Provide internal advice on a wide range of compliance and regulatory issues, involving (for example) engagement letters and outside counsel guidelines, conflicts, AML and CTF matters, DAC 6 and other tax disclosure matters, GDPR and data privacy matters, and the SRA's Standards and Regulations.
- Keep relevant policies and procedures under review, and recommend revisions and updates as appropriate
- Assist in the review of contractual arrangements with outside suppliers.
- Assist in liaising with the Firm's SRA regulatory manager and the Firm's relationship with the SRA more generally.
- Keep under review legal and regulatory developments applicable to the Firm and its compliance program.
- Assist in the development and delivery of compliance and risk management training to the Firm's lawyers and staff
The ideal candidate for the Risk & Compliance Lawyer position will be a qualified lawyer, with a minimum 3-year post qualification experience in an international law firm. Previous experience of Compliance work is desirable but not essential. You must have excellent communication skills, be a logical thinker and have the ability to build strong and effective relationships. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful firm so if you meet the above criteria then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.