Summary Are you an experienced major donor or charitable trust fundraiser? Are you passionate about bringing art and culture to life for new audiences? If so the National Trust is looking for you! What it's like to work here This post is based at our head office in Swindon but the post is currently working from home due to Covid-19 restrictions. Once the office re-opens we will return to working from the office, our properties or regional hubs but this is unlikely to exceed an average of 2 days per week. There will be an opportunity to explore and agree remote working arrangements which strike the right balance for you and the Trust.
We're bigger than you think, we're more complicated than we appear and we're larger scale than you'd imagine. We've got passionate people in all our teams, and we've got so much more we want to achieve. We're for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We don't want to stop at 5.5 million members and we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
Our central head office Heelis, is situated in Swindon, Wiltshire. We're well placed, with ample parking nearby, a shopping outlet with plenty of options for places to eat, and the town centre only a 10 minute walk away. Alternatively you can enjoy our open plan atrium space for lunch times, with our internal cafe available every day.
What you'll be doing We are looking for a new Philanthropy Manager to join our fantastic High Value Team at the National Trust; this role will have a particular focus on raising income to support the arts and culture area of our work. The National Trust looks after one of the worlds' largest art and heritage collections, from paintings and decorative art to textiles, photography and domestic objects. With over 140 accredited museums in our care and an ambition to deepen engagement and widen and diversify our audiences, this role will be critical in helping the Trust deliver its strategy in a post-pandemic world. For more details please read the role profile attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
- An experienced philanthropy specialist, with a demonstrable understanding of the arts and heritage funding landscape
- Experience in developing and managing relationships with HNWI and/or charitable trusts
- Personal experience of securing gifts at £25k+
- A confident communicator with solid stakeholder management experience and ability to work across all levels of an organisation
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.