The Senior Data Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and development of student systems in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders to ensure the smooth running, effectiveness, functionality and reliability of the Universities systems.
A creative private University located in central London with an outstanding reputation and schools across the Globe
The key responsibilities of the Senior Data Manager are as follows:
· Responsible for the management, validation, analysis, query resolution and successful submission of the HESA statutory returns including but not limited to the AP student record, Graduate Outcomes, Unistats, AOR and Provider profile.
· Responsible for the management, validation, analysis, query resolution and successful submission of the OfS statutory returns including but not limited to the Transparency return and HESES.
· Management of other regulatory submissions including but not limited to the Annual monitoring report, QAA and partnership reviews.
· Responsible for the management of the submission of the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) metrics.
· Develop a reporting and analysis cycle working with the Directors to support strategic planning.
· Management of Ad hoc reporting and analysis to support strategic planning.
· Management and coordination the development of management information dashboards to monitor institutional KPIs.
· Management, development and reporting of data required to support the Access and Participation Plan to ensure widening participation groups are tracked and allow relevant stakeholders to take action to meet set Office of Students targets.
· Enhance and promote Point Blank's data capabilities by introducing self-service reporting using both internal and external data.
· Providing advice and training to staff on the interpretation and use of data to enforce informed decision making.
· Oversee the data cleansing process and the validation of student data within the student database and carry out bulk data imports or transformations accurately when necessary.
· Provide advice and training to team members and colleagues relating to the collection and management of data.
· Ensure concise and consistent reporting on student's demographic, engagement, retention, progression and attainment data at the committees to support the Universities quality monitoring and improvement.
· Ensure correct and accurate data is presented to students through the Virtual Learning Environment.
The successful candidate for the Senior Data Manager:
· Professionally qualified with a relevant degree/postgraduate qualification, plus a previous leadership experience
· Data and Analytics qualification
· Experience of working in a data and analytics role with knowledge of SQL and student Information management systems
· Current/ previous hands-on experience in HE regulatory data compliance
· In-depth knowledge of the UK Higher Education Sector with at least three years' experience in a data and planning role
· Experience in a data and analytics role within Higher Education
· Knowledge of Higher Education Government data returns including HESA, HESES and TEF
· Advanced skills of MS office suite, particularly in Excel
· Experience of Database Administration
· Highly numerate and analytical
· Proven ability to handle data and information in a sensitive and professional way
· Ability to problem-solve and possess the confidence to challenge pre-existing constructs where necessary
· Excellent communication and influencing skills
· Ability to motivate, drive and performance-manage both actual and virtual teams
· Ability to be self-disciplined and highly organised in their approach to their duties
· Ability to prioritise responsibilities and adapt to change and work under pressure
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Knowledge of GDPR and data protection policies
Grade 7 salary