NonStop are working with a highly regarded chemical compliance company to seek a HSE Advisor to join their UK HSE Team who can focus on personal, process and operational safety.
You will support our client , using your experience to achieve best practice in the management of chemical and hazardous substances to ensure legal compliance. The role will provide advice to site manager and operational teams to ensure the effective implementation of our HSE Management System.. You will act as the HSE team focal point for risk assessment and management of change processes, providing advice on the suitability of control measures and risk mitigation. You will also be involved in regulatory compliance reviews, OIMS assessments and incident management.
- Provide strategic and operational support to our client in the management of health and safety, especially in relation to the completion of risk assessments and the effective implementation of necessary control measures.
- Have a pivotal role in the promotion and maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment.
- Advise on the implementation of OIMS to ensure the consistency of implementation and legal compliance.
- Act as an OIMS System Administrator
- Perform planned regulatory reviews and inspections.
- Perform reactive incident and accident investigations to establish root cause and make recommendations for appropriate action to prevent recurrence.
- Actively work with Safety Representatives ensuring effective two-way communication and consultation, and involvement in inspection and investigations where appropriate.
- Develop health and safety information resources (e.g. procedures, training material, safety meeting topics).
- Develop and provide relevant inductions and training to new and existing members of staff
- Liaise internally and externally with appropriate services and agencies e.g. Facilities Management, Occupational Health, Fire and Rescue Service Enforcement Agencies.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 6 health and safety qualification and demonstrable HSE experience in engineering, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals or oil and gas industry.
- Chartered Member of IOSH or GradIOSH actively working towards CMIOSH.
- Degree in a science or engineering related discipline or equivalent experience in this subject area or discipline
- Experience of working with Safety management systems e.g. ISO 45001
- Experience of using Safety Management software
- Practical knowledge and understanding of UK Health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Experience of risk assessment methodologies
- Experience in the development of written processes and procedures in support of an HSE system and delivering training programmes
- Suitable experience of operating across all levels of a large organisation
- An Environmental qualification such as IEMA Certificate and Knowledge of OSHA requirements would be desirable
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, please send your CV, ideally in Word format, via this site.
If this role is not quite right for you but you would like to have a conversation about other roles, please search and connect with me, Nikita Sheth, on LinkedIn.
We are NonStop, a leading provider of staffing solutions throughout Europe and now also in the US. We're passionate about connecting talent with opportunity and work non-stop to support our clients in hiring the best talent for their teams. Feel free to pop over to our website, NonStop Consulting, for more information, to browse all our roles, or to let us know how we can help you.