Project Manager- Redhat & LinuxScotland- Remote work available 3 Months plus contract extensions
The client is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. The clients Product & Service Delivery team (PTD) has an exciting new opportunity for a Project Manager, who will provide the delivery management expertise that will be instrumental in planning and delivering most significant and high profile delivery initiatives over the coming years.Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
As a member of the Product Delivery team within the Product & Service Delivery group, you will be responsible for the project management of key projects within the wide ranging portfolio of programmes the team are involved in. The team are accountable for delivering high profile programmes and projects both from a technology and overall end to end delivery perspective for the business across the core key products such as broadband, mobile, TV/OTT.Your key responsibilities
- Facilitate and drive projects within the overall portfolio through from the early stage of initiation to the final implementation. This will either be in the context of a workstream within an overall programme or a standalone project in the wider portfolio of the team.
- Exercise all the attributes expected within the role including scope management, plan management, change control, risk and issue management.
- Provide structure and guidance to the project and to be the calm voice of reason within the delivery to ensure the focus is on the key priorities.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships across the business, operational and delivery areas and to be seen as a trusted delivery resource. Our team works across the end to end delivery of projects and you will be required to manage cross functional teams to ensure the project is successfully delivered.
- Build good industry knowledge within the portfolio so that you can clearly articulate and manage the context of the delivery to ensure the project delivery is aligned to the overall strategy of the business.
- Build collaborative and close relationships with Enterprise Architects and the Analysis & Consulting team within the group, to ensure alignment across scope, architecture, governance and plans in all initiatives you work on.
- Innovate to continuously improve project delivery best practice both within the team and externally.
- Data Centres - working on number of different platforms/applications
- Operating systems - redhat
- SH management - senior level
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your CV in the first instance.
- Over 2 years of managing projects throughout the delivery lifecycle
- Telco / Mobile
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92670421