Tradewind are recruiting! Are you an inventive and passionate Pastoral Support Manager, looking for a new opportunity in a large secondary academy based in Oldham?
Perhaps you are an experienced support worker looking to make the switch to education, or you are an experienced Pastoral Support Worker looking for a new opportunity?
Tradewind Recruitment are currently looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Pastoral Support Worker, to join an 'Good' secondary school, to start ASAP. This is a full time, long term role, paying up to £85 a day. Following a successful initial 12-week period working through Tradewind Recruitment, there is the potential opportunity for a permanent contract directly through the school!
To join us and be successful in this role, you will need to:
* Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
* Have a CV with 10 years employment history included and any employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
We are recruiting on behalf of a well-established secondary academy which caters for students aged 11-16. The school has been graded 'Good' by Ofsted and the school believe in the importance of working together in a spirit of trust to provide a stimulating, challenging and personalised approach to learning.
Ideal candidates will:
* Be able to work using your initiative and follow direction when needed.
* Have strong behaviour management and the ability to implement and utilise behaviour management strategies effectively.
* Have prior experience of working with children with SEMH and complex needs.
* Have the ability to build strong relationships with both students and staff.
* Have experience of implementing specific learning strategies and routines.
* Be a professional practitioner, with a will to attain the highest standard in teaching and learning.
The role will include:
* Working with various students and a range of subject areas, as well as working collaboratively with the SENCO, pastoral management team and classroom teachers.
* Handling situations of difficult behaviour and providing positive solutions
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 35 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this Pastoral Support position, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Manchester Office on , or email
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer