Reed Education are working closely with SEN schools in Slough and Maidenhead to recruit for experienced Teaching Assistants to work with children who have been through trauma and neglect and display social, emotional and mental health needs. This is on an ongoing long-term basis with the opportunity for a permanent contract to be offered following a successful trial period.
The schools we work with support children and families in the local authorities of Windsor and Maidenhead and Slough, supporting children aged 4-18 who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH).
Students may come to these schools with considerable experience of failure and consequent low self-esteem. As a result they may present challenging behaviour or exhibit inappropriate attempts at social interaction. Such students benefit from clear boundaries and a structured environment.
Due to the nature of this type of work, we are looking for strong and resilient individuals who also have a calm and understanding nature. A background in the Army/Navy, Police Service, Young Offenders Institutes, Prisons or the YMCA is ideal however not a compulsory requirement of the job.
Although challenging this is a very rewarding role for those wishing to give something back to young people who need positive interaction.
Working with Reed can benefit you in the following ways:
- A dedicated consultant with experience of education recruitment as one port of call for your current or future job searches.
- Competitive market rates of pay for support staff.
- Training such as Team Teach positive physical intervention.
- Reed rewards, which amongst other things includes discounts in high street shops and retailers.
- Pension scheme.
- Weekly pay via online timesheet portal.
- Help and support during your placement.
We are looking for people to start ASAP and roles are 5 days a week full time. Get in touch on or email to register your interest in the role.