We are once again working with a well established charity based in Salisbury. Our client seeking a highly motivated and creative Digital Assistant with a strong understanding of social media, an aptitude for producing engaging written and visual contents and the ability to manage the Charity's website and social media accounts.
As an integral part of the Fundraising & Communications Team, you will work to harness digital formats and channels to improve the way we communicate and, working with the Marketing & Communications Manager.
The Digital Assistant
reports to the Marketing & Communications Manager
. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to tell the story of the charity, the affected families and their communities through written, image and video content.
- Manage all of the Trust's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube), posting engaging content and responding to comments and messages.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the Trust's main website and retail website.
- Manage the Trust's digital asset management system (CANTO Flight), ensuring the team have access to the most impactful photographs and videos.
- Produce monthly reports on activity and engagement.
- Collate and distribute email marketing shots, including the Trust's monthly e-newsletter.
- Work with external agencies to maximise the effectiveness of the Trust's PPC and AdWords efforts.
- Deliver digital advertisement campaigns to complement the wider fundraising team activity across web and social.
Applicants for this position should be able to satisfy the following criteria: Essential
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present the Trust's work in an accessible and compelling way
- Strong administrative and organisation skills
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Flexible, can-do attitude, with the ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure
- Ability to work well or as part of a team
- Experience and understanding of social media and marketing
Hours of work:
- Experience of using the Adobe Creative Cloud (or similar products)
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Experience working in a charity environment
- Experience in social media marketing
- Experience producing written content
- Audio/video editing experience
- An interest in development causes
- Understanding of Data Protection regulations
- Previous database experience
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week; mixture of working in the office and from home; time off in lieu (TOIL) for any out of hours workingProbation:
Six monthsAnnual Leave:
25 days plus Bank HolidaysOther benefits:
Generous contributory pension scheme with up to 10% employer contribution; private medical insurance; company maternity/paternity pay scheme; free on-site parking