Castlefield Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Interim Senior Category Manager to join a Public Sector organisation in Sheffield. This will initially be till the end of December however could be extended due to workload.
The organisation offers agile/flexible working arrangements as standard, but this post will require presence onsite for at least 4 days a week to begin with.
This position would be ideally suited to someone with exposure of leading high value and complex tenders, strong IT skills and a track record of delivering savings.Role:
- Deliver against agreed annual cost reduction targets and report on action taken, taking specialist responsibility for specific Departments and product categories
- Develop supplier relationships; negotiate with senior personnel of supplying companies, undertaking visits to supplier sites when appropriate
- Liaise with senior procurement staff within other Public Sector organisations, to identify opportunities for improving value
- Ensure that Standing Financial Instructions and Standing Orders, EU Regulations and other statutory and regulatory requirements are followed
- Research the marketplace, giving due consideration to financial status of suppliers and undertake product and equipment evaluations/trials and site visits as necessary
- Experience of Public Sector procurement contracts and tenders is essential
- Excellent communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills