Digital Marketing Product StrategistJob Type:
upto £50,000 - £55,000 + package Location:
WFH & OxfordshireConsultant:
Rosie WhelanThe Organisation:
The Digital Recruitment Company is currently working with a leading voice & technology Challenger Brand. Their devices connect deskless and remote workers, leading the way in voice-activated software products for business. Many of Britain's biggest household names rely on their communication technology to connect their workforces. Big brands such as Tesco, Co-Op, Primark.
They are seeking a Marketing Lead who can spot the opportunity for new products in our highly competitive tech sector - and lead them to launch with demonstrable results and ROI.
Tech innovation revolutionises the way we live, work and do business. We stay ahead by thinking ahead.The Key Role Functions:
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and working closely with the Product and Sales teams, you will be responsible for marketing software and hardware technology to new and existing channels. As Marketing Lead for Tech Product Development, you will understand the tech sector from the inside out and be equally at home communicating in a stakeholder board meeting or on the shopfloor.
You'll work closely with key customers to uncover what product they want - and advise on whether this represents sound development investment strategy. You'll enjoy finding those breaking 'stories' in the marketplace and then briefing those stories into the development teams to start the product development process.
Your experience and knowledge of the marketplace will directly inform and may lead the development of new products in the future.
Tech development sets a fast pace - you will demonstrate natural leadership under pressure and support your team to achieve as well as yourself. The challenge is great, but the rewards are too - and you can see your products making a difference in everyday life. Responsibilities:
- Carry out customer research to build our customer knowledge: what motivates them, what do they need to maintain competitive edge. You will interpret this, deliver insights and create clear customer personas based on sound strategic thinking and research
- Work directly with our Product teams to use these insights to develop future products and continuously improve existing ones
- Work with the broader Marketing team to strengthen positioning [as a challenger brand] and communicate this message powerfully in all marketing assets across all platforms
- Create sales enablement materials to support our global Sales team as they work with existing and prospective customers
- Produce E-learning materials and documentation for internal and external training
What does success look like?
- Increasing take up of the product suite among existing customers
- Achieving marketing synergy with the Product team road map and Sales team target brands
- Securing relevant industry press coverage for new product launches
- Building industry buzz around new innovative product releases and attracting the attention of new retail brand clients.
Skills and qualifications required
- Leadership-level experience in taking a technology product to market
- Experience in conducting market and customer research and proven ability in drawing strategic insight from this to inform product development
- Experience in creating buyer personas and seeing these successfully used within a Sales and Marketing team
- The ability to turn tech jargon into plain English for customer-facing marketing messaging!
- Thorough understanding and first-hand experience of agile work practices and processes
- A creative problem solver. Not just what...but what if?
- A clear, confident communicator with proven organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- An individual who sees negative feedback as a positive future opportunity.
- Proven ability to stay calm under pressure, prioritise for the good of the team and without sacrificing quality.
The Digital Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. To apply for this role please contact us at:Rosie Whelan0203 640 2133Rosie@digitalrecruitmentcompany.comwww.digitalrecruitmentcompany.com