Are you a bold marketing leader looking for their next marketing role?
Do you want to work with category-leading, renowned personal care brands?
Are you looking to "Make Your Mark" in a fast-paced, global FMCG organisation?
If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are currently looking to recruit a Brand Manager
who will join our UK Marketing team at our Manchester HQ, near Manchester Airport on a full-time, temporary basis for 12 months.
Whilst initially working remotely, you must be able to travel to and from our Manchester HQ as this is where you will be based. About Us
PZ Cussons is a global, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company, with office locations in the UK, US, Australia, Africa and Asia. Throughout our 135 year history, we have successfully adapted and evolved to the constantly changing consumer, market, and economic environments. Our diverse portfolio of brands can be found across four major categories: Personal Care (including Beauty,) Food & Nutrition, Home Care and Electricals.
We have a real passion for our employees, our consumers and our brands and we strive on creating moments of pleasure for everybody, every day. You will recognise some of our renowned, market-leading household names (think Carex, Imperial leather and Original Source...) and now here is the opportunity to join the team responsible for championing these exceptional brands!The Role
We have bold brands and bold leaders, here at PZ Cussons. As a Brand Manager
, you will join a team of marketers that live and breathe this ethos, pioneering our brands in the marketplace and striving to provide a best-in-class consumer offering at all times. We are relentless in our approach to drive brilliance within the execution across our incredible personal care brand portfolio.
The role of Marketing in our business is clear: to blend discipline and analytical rigour with imagination and creativity, setting the direction for how our brands will grow, and to engage and delight consumers every step of the way.
Working closely with a Senior Brand Manager / Head of Category, the role of a Brand Manager
is extremely varied and offers exceptional development pathways via our "Bold Brands, Bold Leaders" framework, to the individual that wants to seize this opportunity with both hands.
Whilst every day is different, some of the day-to-day responsibilities and accountabilities you will have as a Brand Manager
at PZ Cussons are as follows:
The Ideal Candidate
- Owning and driving EPD projects, overcoming obstacles to deliver right cost/quality/time.
- Championing projects with Project Leaders, ensuring cross-functional stakeholder alignment and ensuring the brand and consumer focus is not lost in doing so.
- Executing the marketing elements of New Product Design (NPD) projects to a high quality, inclusive of product design (3D, 2D), fragrance, and product formulation.
- Leading the commercial and finance teams in terms of developing robust business plans including financial scenarios based on assumptions about distribution, rate of sale etc.
- Writing briefs for all elements of projects and leading the relationships with external agencies and internal functions to deliver projects on time, to the brief.
- Ownership of in-store communication, social media, websites and digital assets whilst assisting SBM/HOC on TV and Outdoor comms.
- Monitoring brand performance with financial and non-financial measures, using this insight to develop proposals for creating opportunities or solving issues by analysing and reporting on category and market data; Kantar, Nielsen etc.
- Researching competitor activity to help understand claims, product performance, communications etc.
- Assisting Senior Brand Manager/Head of Category on the development of media plans with media agencies, including analysis of media landscape, consumer habits and competitor activity.
- Analysis of other markets and categories to develop insights and ideas for the brand, category and business.
As a Brand Manager
, you will be a bold individual with an innate sense of gravitas, who wants to drive best-in-class marketing execution and continually develop as a professional.
On top of this, we would like you to demonstrate some, or all, of the following:
· A track-record of marketing experience within an FMCG environment.
· Demonstrated ability to own, drive and deliver simple EPD/NPD projects.
· Experience of being involved in planning and executing communication campaigns with ownership of some elements of the campaign: social media, digital assets, point of sale etc.
· Experience of analysing complex information and the use of qualitative and quantitative consumer research.
· Energetic and driven, with a passion to deliver key projects to the highest standard of quality and strive for success.
· Highly analytical with logical thinking skills; able to convert analytics into meaningful and tangible information and communicate this in a simple way.
· Superb communication skills with the ability to build internal and external relationships effectively and manage these relationships and work collaboratively.
· Passionate about marketing and brands, utilising this passion to help align others to the direction of brand activity. Apply Now!
We have bold brands, and this is your opportunity to become one of our bold leaders. If you would like to be considered as PZ Cussons' newest Brand Manager
click "Apply" now or risk missing out on this incredible opportunity - Be bold.
Due to the amount of applications we receive we may not always be able to respond to each individual candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 30 days, unfortunately, your application, has not been successful. We do however wish you every success with your future endeavors and the best of luck with your job hunt!