Are you keen to work somewhere that's stimulating and friendly with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Fleet Underwriting Manager here at INSHUR, working on a platform which covers multiple territories, including the UK, US and new European countries and US territories as we expand.
Reporting to the VP of Insurance, you'll be joining a friendly team of six who believe in delivering highly innovative, data-led, sustainable insurance products by challenging everything they know about insurance. What you'll do
As our Fleet Underwriting Manager you will be responsible for managing the underwriting strategy and ongoing development of our commercial fleet portfolio. You will focus on innovation, profitability & growth to develop and deliver the insurance product strategy and all related activities in close collaboration with the sales, marketing and product development teams. Working alongside peers who cover other products/territories, you will be leading initiatives to accelerate growth and to continually optimise the customer lifecycle, independently managing interactions with various departments, be it claims, financial, actuarial, operations, legal and external parties.
We don't have a checklist of skills - our hiring process is much more around aptitude and passion so don't worry if you've not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed below.
That said, below is a guideline of skills for you to take a look at that we think would make you successful in this role.We'd love to hear from you if you:
Your colleagues say you:
- Have plenty of product management and underwriting experience in the commercial fleet insurance sector (we think this would be around 5 years or so)
- Understand the insurance regulatory landscape well - you are very familiar with insurance market structures, market cycles and insurance operations, including compliance and regulatory issues
- Have an in-depth knowledge of all tools and models used in the underwriting process, having previously helped actuarial to develop rating plans and pricing tools
- Know how to work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders (including insurers, suppliers and claims management companies) to deliver optimal results for the business
- Are comfortable with data gathering and manipulation techniques, have a strong command of Excel and excellent analytical abilities including mathematics and statistical concepts.
What we offer
- Have excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Are someone known to 'think outside the box'
- A true teamplayer focusing on the end result
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and can easily cope with a fair amount of uncertainty
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive. Our working environment is a hybrid of remote and office-based operation and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
Our budget for this role is £55k to £65k and we will take into account your previous experience and expertise when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we've built a benefits package that invests in our employees' long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing. Here's a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life insurance
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work (UK only) and flexible working hours
- Annual training allowance (no questions asked) and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit and any software you need. About Us
We are global team of just under a hundred people currently based in the UK, US and the Netherlands, who value:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The delivery of great results and having fun doing it
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
We are a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility and one of the fastest growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners, we are on a mission to change the way customers buy and feel about insurance, for good.
Founded in 2016, INSHUR provides fully digital auto insurance for taxi, TLC, ride-share, private fleet and private hire drivers, as well as other globally recognised partners. Our mobile app allows drivers to get from quote to full policy and driving in the shortest possible time by simply clicking a few buttons. Our products are currently live in the UK, US and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines in 2021.
We are based in beautiful Brighton - sea, chips and seagulls included, although we are currently working 100% remotely. Post-pandemic we will likely be transitioning to a hybrid office and home-based model with travel to the office at least twice a month.Equal opportunities
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office, when open, is child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview.