1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
£66 - £70 per day
Birmingham, West Midlands
An outstanding special needs school based within Birmingham are looking for proactive and dedicated special needs Teaching Assistant to join their team on on a 1:1 basis. The school caters for a range of special needs - ranging From moderate learning difficulties to more complex needs. With an 'Outstanding' OFSTED report this school pride themselves on their impeccable support to the students as well as staff. The resources provided ensure the students are challenged yet are able to achieve their full potential.
With a passionate and supportive team of Teachers and Teaching Assistants, they are committed to the health and welfare of their students are now looking for special needs Teaching Assistant to join their Birmingham team:
- Supporting a small classroom of students
- To be the first point of call to the pupils and SEN Teacher
- Assist with personal care - when required to
- To assist or plan interactive activities, such as sensory
- Ability to adapt to meet pupils' needs
- Ensuring the classroom is safe and tidy at all time
- Creating an engaging classroom environment
- Adhering to all school policies
- To be vigilant at all times and ensure safe guarding
To be successful within this role you must have worked within a special needs education environment previously. You will be confident enough to work independently on a 1:1 basis but also be happy to work collaboratively with other members of staff such as SEN Teaching Assistants. You will have a in date DBS or be willng to apply for one.
The Temporary and short term contracts can potentially lead to long term or permanent opportunities!
Don't miss out on this great opportunity to work within this outstanding school. Get in touch today!