Start Date: September 2021
We seek to appoint a forward-thinking, innovative and inspirational Deputy Headteacher for our popular village school.
The successful applicants will be:
- Responsible for a class - 2 days a week
- Released for Leadership Time - 3 days a week
We want a Deputy who is motivated, enthusiastic, willing to lead by example and is passionate about every child receiving an outstanding education.
The successful candidate will have skills and experience in the following:
- Successful leadership and management skills in a primary setting
- Will teach children to a high standard when in class and be a role model to other teachers in the school
- School improvement planning and self-evaluation
- Demonstrable experience of successful line management and staff development
Skills and Knowledge:
- Data analysis skills, and the ability to use data to set targets and identify weaknesses
- Understanding of high-quality teaching, and the ability to model this for others and support others to improve
- Understanding of school finances and financial management
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate a vision and inspire others
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- A commitment to getting the best outcomes for all pupils and promoting the ethos and values of the school
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Commitment to safeguarding and equality, ensuring that personal beliefs are not expressed in ways that exploit the position.
In your role you will:
- Work closely with the HOS and EXT to develop and implement the strategic vision for the school.
- Work closely with the Phase Leaders to improve standards and pupil progress in order for every child to achieve their full potential.
- Play a key role in the development of CPD.
Successful applicants will:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, motivate, inspire and support colleagues.
- Have a good sense of humour!
- Be committed to the Christian Ethos of the school.
We will help you to develop a successful candidate professionally, ensuring you have opportunities in all areas of school life. We are a friendly and supportive school team that believes a broad, balanced, fun and creative curriculum will inspire children and ensure they enjoy their education.
We warmly welcome and recommend a visit to our school. Please contact the school office to make an appointment.
This post will be subject to enhanced disclosure procedures. The School Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Closing Date: 17/05/2021 at 12:00
Interviews: 24th May 2021
Information about the school
Minster Church of England Primary School is a large, two form entry school, set in the centre of our village community. We are partners in the Federation of Minster and Monkton Church of England Primary Schools.
Our children are at the heart of everything we do and we are constantly striving to provide the very best opportunities for each and every child.
Our Christian Foundations underpin our whole philosophy on education. They deliver the necessary skills and attributes to ensure that our children are educated in line with our school motto -Nurturing Foundations; Flourishing with God
The School Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and any post will be subject to enhanced disclosure procedures.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.