Salary: United Learning Pay Scale (higher than equivalent scale in the maintained sector) plus a TLR2b allowance About the School:
At Seahaven Academy we are a very proud community: we are a 'good' school with a track record of strong outcomes, really big ambitions and incredibly high standards. We whole- heartedly believe in the United Learning motto: 'the best in everyone'. The strength of relationships between students and staff is second to none, so add to this a vibrant atmosphere, a stunning cliff-top location and excellent facilities and you will see why we feel so strongly about our academy.
Visits to the school are welcomed please contact the Senior Support Manager, Vicki Bowes at email@example.com for an appointment. The Role:
For September 2021, we are looking to appoint an inspirational and innovative Head of History. Whilst History will be the main teaching subject, the ability to teach across the range of humanity subjects would be advantageous. This role will work closely with the Head of Humanities, and for an aspirational teacher looking for their first step into leadership this could be an excellent opportunity.
Our staff are committed to honing their skills through coaching, Teaching and Learning communities and using evidence-based approaches to create expert lessons. We are currently using the Rosenshine principles and Teach Like A Champion to underpin our professional development. About you:
The successful candidates must...
- Be ambitious for all students, whatever their starting points
- Have the highest expectations and standards
- Enthuse students with a passion for their subject and inspire them to achieve the best they can
- Be flexible and resilient with an unrelenting 'can do' attitude
- Be analytical and strategic in their thinking and planning
- Be able to inspire colleagues and build teams
- Be able to support and challenge whilst maintaining great relationships with both staff and students
- Be committed to personal and professional development
We will offer you...
- An unrivalled opportunity to make a difference to a school and its community
- The opportunity to work with the fastest growing academy group in the country
- A comprehensive CPD programme both through the school and through wider opportunities within United Learning including leadership programmes
- Excellent links with colleagues in local schools, the Local Authority and external agencies
- A great working environment with high staff morale and a strong sense of community
Closing Date: 9th May 2021
Interview: date to be advised How to apply:
Please visit our website via the button below and view our Job Pack for further information. PLEASE NOTE CV's ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS THE ONLY MEANS OF APPLICATION. United Learning:
Seahaven Academy is part of United Learning, which is a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. Safeguarding Recruitment Statement:
Seahaven Academy is an equal opportunities employer committed to ensuring continuing professional development for staff, we take rigorous measures to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and two satisfactory references.