Data Analyst / Data Manager and Reporting Analyst - with D365 / MS Dynamics experience
Maresfield, East Sussex
Overall Job Purpose
This role will work closely together with a varying level of stakeholders within the business.
In this role you will be defining the approaches and assisting in the migration of data from multiple sources systems into target systems and assist in defining business processes for ongoing data management and entry of data into the ecosystem. You will also deliver ad-hoc reporting as required by the business on internal data producing insights in the required format, e.g. tabulations, visualisations, dashboards, etc.
You will need to have gained professional experience in a hands-on data role where you have held significant authority and autonomy to recommend/make decisions on data management, migration and reporting.
* Analyse, extract, organise and prepare data from sources systems for migration to target systems
* Participate in the development of management information reports, including conducting analysis, summarising data and interpretation of results
* Provide consultative support and responses to requests for information business stakeholders
* Take a lead on data management projects and take responsibility for defining process and quality targets
* Define data governance rules to ensure adherence to regulatory and company standards, and ensure quality, integrity and security of data assets.
* Facilitate data driven decision making across the organisation
* Troubleshoot data related issues
* Communicate clearly project approach when it comes to data management and reporting projects.
* Any other additional work, responsibilities and duties for the Company or any Group Company within the role holder's capacity in accordance with their skills and capabilities as allocated by the Line Manager
* Integrity, honesty and reliability
Experience / Knowledge:
* Knowledge and Practical experience of ETL processes
* Experience of visualising and presenting data in BI tools, particularly PowerBI
* Experience in extracting and analysing data from 3rd party providers or systems, e.g. Dynamics AX, Sage, Salesforce, etc.
* SQL programming skills to be able to extract and manipulate data
Competencies / Abilities:
* Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with minimal supervision.
* Ability to undertake a variety of activities with a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy. It is important to be able to work independently within a team.
* Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills as well as excellent numerical, analytical and statistical skills.
* Advanced Excel skills, including writing formulae and transformation of data
* Strong organisational skills; must have the ability to manage multiple projects, as well as meet time constraints and expectations.
* Effective verbal communication skills at different levels of seniority; strong analytical and technical writing skills
(education, skills, experience, abilities)
Please use bullet points
* Advanced VBA Excel skills
* Strong knowledge of common statistical methods
* Project management experience, as a minimum the ability to manage delivery of work within stated timeframes
* Having experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CDS application is advantageous