We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Reporting into the Software Development Director and serving as a key member of the Delivery team, this position's primary responsibility is business analysis of software with a focus on user experience design in an Agile environment working with multiple distributed (near and off shore) teams.
The role holder will be an experienced user-experience (UX) designer, able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes. This role is predominately home based with office work mainly for collaboration and innovation sessions and all our core product, development, operations and sales teams are also home based. Synaptic operate with a mixed offshore team model, and work closely with colleagues based in Capita Global Delivery Centres.User Experience Design and Development
Technical Business Analysis
- Working within the guidelines provided for UI, to design UX elements of the user journey through our software
- Be the guardian of user experience throughout all areas of the products, both in terms of greenfield activity and improvement in legacy applications
- Creation of wireframes, user flows and user interface functional specifications working closely with both product and delivery teams
- Be the subject matter expert in user experience studies, research and latest developments - and share that knowledge with colleagues
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
What we're looking for:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
- Performing requirements analysis based on collaboration with both external clients and colleagues within the organisation
- Documenting and communicating your analysis findings through Agile process such as refinement sessions, kick-off meetings and project inception workshops
- Creation of User Stories and Acceptance criteria to map from stakeholder requirements into definable work packages for the delivery team
- Finding ways to fit requirements to the limitations of existing software and systems
- An interest in working in fin-tech
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Expose to working in Agile software development environments
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies
- Ability to bring together people with wildly different viewpoints and cultural values
- Ability to create the bigger picture and communicate to internal and external audience
Synaptic delivers a variety of fin-tech solutions to the financial services marketplace across protection (insurance) and investments (wealth management).What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27 ) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92626630