Engineering Manager, Platforms
£90,000 - £95,000 + benefits
This well-known and globally recognised website, who receive on average 5 million visits per day, are in search of an experienced Infrastructure and Cloud-centric Engineering Manager to manage their existing Platforms team of 15 people. This hire will join the company at an extremely exciting time, as they look to move towards the cloud and migrate away from their on-premise server estate.
The Engineering Manager will be required to come in and manage the Platforms Team who're responsible for engineering, operation/reliability and security of the datacentre and cloud infrastructure, platforms and services that underpin the website. The team are currently managed my the Head of Infrastructure & Cloud, who needs this hire to come in and take on management responsibilities and report into him. He's a very personable and fair individual.
The Engineering Manager is required to possess the following skills/experience:
Management Qualities (this is largely a team management role)
- Vast experience managing Infrastructure Engineers/Cloud/DevOps Engineers with different skill-sets and varying levels of seniority and ability
- Pro-cloud mentality with experience working on at least one cloud platform (private cloud acceptable) for a high-traffic, highly available website
- Excellent knowledge of configuration management and infrastructure as code and how that functions within a wider software engineering team
- An in depth understanding of datacentre and cloud infrastructure/platform technology for web services (Network, Storage, Compute, Databases, Messaging, Security)
- In depth understanding of and experience with IaC software development tools, processes, and best practice.
- Strong understanding of monitoring, logging, alerting and observability technology, tools, process and best practice.
- Positively commits to change, leads and supports others through it whilst looking for innovative ways to develop others in the team
- Provides current, direct, complete, and actionable feedback to others, not just to team member.
- Has regular one to one meetings discussing performance and job satisfaction within team
- Actively develops the next generation of managers through coaching and knowledge share
- Has a conscientious and empathetic mind towards team members who may not be so able/keen to adapt to change in a fast-paced industry.
Having worked with this company and team in particular for over 17 years, we can confidently say that this is one of the friendliest, interesting, close-knit and accepting technology teams in London. This team are responsible for keeping this well recognised website running at a 99.99% uptime. You 100% will have visited this website before in your lifetime. Please apply for more details!Covid-19:
Currently, the entire company are working from home. As the lockdown restrictions ease and it's same to return to work, there will be a blend of around 3 days in the office and 2 days remote.Benefits
Life Assurance (4 x Salary), Enhanced Maternity Pay, Private Medical insurance, Dental/Physio/Optical Cash Plan, Cycle to Work, Pension + more
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92626705