Harvey Nash are proud to be working with one of the UK's private companies in the recruitment of Tech Professionals for their large technology team in Glasgow. This client is a massive Scottish success story in terms of growth and service.
The DBA will be responsible for the provision of 3rd line database performance tuning, maintenance and support services on the Group business systems, assisting with database design and development and ensuring the integrity and security of all databases.
KEY RESULT AREAS
* Providing configuration and maintenance on group database platforms.
* Delivering support to existing business users and investigating and resolving errors, data discrepancies and queries.
* Developing, where agreed and feasible, customizations to in-house services.
* Working with colleagues in identifying and proposing application system changes, better uses, enhancements and developments and liaising with appropriate vendors, users and the IT Team.
We are keen to speak to you about this position if you have the following track record:
- Extensive experience working as a production DBA in a MS SQL Server environment
- Good experience of performance monitoring and database optimisation
- Good experience of back-up and recovery
- Good knowledge of database design principles
The role will be a combination of home and office based. Free parking onsite.
For more info, or to apply, please send updated CV on the first instance
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92626889