Do you want to be part of a firm who support, develop and inspire their people and their clients so that they are able to realise their true potential?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the region's most successful firms as Senior Corporate Tax Manager. BHP are a leading independent accountancy firm, providing trusted advice and accounting services to some of the most successful private businesses across the region. Following sustained growth over recent years, during which time the firm has trebled in size, BHP now has a team of nearly 400 people. This growth has been about ensuring they are able to offer a full portfolio of integrated audit, accountancy, business advisory, corporate finance and tax-led services to their clients.
Their long-term success has been due to their ability to anticipate, adapt and meet their clients' changing needs. They continually strive to create a firm that is genuinely different and this has helped them to attract and retain great people, including a significant number with 'Big 4 / National' firm experience. This combined with continual investment in market-leading technologies, is the foundation on which the firm's success is built.
BHP has been recognised in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work for list for the last two years, with their score and national ranking increasing year on year. BHP is a 'people business' through and through, and the employees are the beating heart of the firm. They demonstrate their commitment to achieving a good work/life balance through multiple and varied initiatives.
As Senior Corporate Tax Manager you will manage a portfolio of Corporate tax clients for all partners, and provide clients with a proactive, efficient and cost-effective taxation service that meets the needs of the client and all regulatory authorities.
Key Responsibilities will include;
- Tax allocation manager for around 200 corporate clients, mainly owner managed business
- Overview of personal tax affairs of owners of those corporate clients where appropriate
- Overview of compliance function in respect of client portfolio and attendance at pre-year end/completion accounts meetings with accounts staff as appropriate
- Proactively anticipating the needs of clients in the management of their tax affairs, e.g. research and development tax credits, capital allowance claims, succession planning, structuring
- Project management and completion of technical advisory assignments for Tax Partners and Directors
- Cross referral for corporate finance, financial planning and other advice as required
- Involvement in the firms practice development activities e.g., preparation of articles/e-shots and networking
- ACA or CTA qualified or qualified by experience
- At least 3 years' experience of corporate tax work
- Some experience of other taxes ideal but not essential
- An excellent client relationship manager with the ability to deliver a quality service
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
This is an excellent opportunity and one where you will receive a competitive salary, a generous pension provision and holiday allowance alongside, Westfield Healthcare, flexible working, life assurance and a volunteering day. and