We have a vacancy for a secondment for Accounting Data Lead for a minimum of 12 months. The D&S work stream as part of the IFRS17 Project will implement the Aptitude AICE, AAH & AAE tooling for IFRS17 calculations.
The Accounting workstream main purpose is the delivery of an accounting data solution for the UK Life business. This requires building the capability to retrieve accounting data from existing data repositories and transfer into the Aptitude tooling in accordance with Working Day Timetable.
The accounting data must also meet the technical requirements of the Accounting Standard itself. The workstream also has responsibility for developing AAH downstream processes in the Oracle GL and Group Consolidation Platform (FCCS).
The Accounting workstream requires an Accounting Data Lead to drive the transformation and enrichment of accounting data for IFRS17 calculations and associated downstream reporting. This will involve planning and stakeholder management of the Accounting Data Delivery with UK Life and other D&S Workstreams. The role will also support the development of the IFRS17 Target Operating Model & Shared Service Centre. Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience required
- To design & test accounting data processes for the UK Life funds for IFRS17 & BAU Cash-flow Matching. This role will own the FDP Build Plan and liaise with other Leads, D&S Workstreams & UK Life to maintain it.
- Design & test of strategic accounting data controls, ensuring they are adequate & operated effectively and business ready
- To provide ad-hoc analysis, briefing packs, and governance documents to meeting the requirements of key stakeholders, including UK Life, and our external auditors
- Support the development of an IFRS17 Shared Service Centre for Accounting related activity and document key accounting processes
- Define & document the TOM for Accounting Data and align with hand ins & hand offs across several multi-functional Teams
- Own & coordinate the delivery of accounting data requirements across various project workstreams
What will you get for this role?
- A Senior Qualified Accountant, with knowledge of accounting processes and financial reporting in large complex Insurance or Financial Services organisations (preferably Life Insurance)
- Ability to understand IFRS17 requirements and build into accounting data/reporting deliverables
- Experienced planner with the ability to manage deliverables of the Team and coordinate plans across multi-functional workstreams
- Advanced power point user and extensive experience of drafting briefing packs and slide decks for senior stakeholders
- Excellent presentational skills and the ability to communicate complex issues to senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of data sourcing and data manipulation on large data sets to be able to explain complex issues
- Comfortable working with other team members across a variety of IFRS17 Project workstreams and UK Life
- Proactive and able to use initiative to achieve key deliverables
Working at Aviva
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Daniela a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to Daniela.email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.