Assistant Underwriter - NHS GP Finance, Real Estate Finance - Norwich (FTC)Aviva Investors12-month Fixed Term Contract The Role
An opportunity has arisen for a successful applicant to join our Relationship Management team within Aviva Investors Real Estate Finance (AIREF) in Norwich. This will be a 12 month Fixed Term contract and the successful candidate will play a role in managing a portfolio of loans to NHS GP partnerships secured on Primary Care properties in the UK. The Team
AIREF's key objectives are to meet the investment requirements of its funders in terms of return and risk appetite, ensuring existing loans are managed appropriately and portfolio value is maximised wherever possible. Working in a professional and experienced team, the role holder will be responsible for providing administrative caseload support to the Portfolio Relationship Managers, conducting a variety of administration tasks to ensure all loans are effectively managed and maintained to support AIREF's financial and customer proposition Responsibilities
- Gathering, interpreting and analysing data in respect of loan structure, property and borrower related loan events.
- Effectively administer, in line with agreed procedures, a caseload of maturing loans.
- Instructing our outsourced legal agents to prepare legal documentation in respect of existing business transactions.
- Undertake customer identification searches and complete Anti-Money Laundering on-boarding, in line with Anti-Money Laundering Regulations.
- Provide administrative support in the completion of existing business transactions.
- Answering and dealing with front line customer calls.
- Request and deposit, in line with agreed procedures, deeds and documents from our off-site storage unit.
- Ensuring accurate system data is managed and maintained at all times.
- Maintain effective relationships with all teams across AIREF and external third parties and to work collaboratively with and support colleagues to ensure common goals are met.
- Educated to O Level/GCSE standard (or equivalent) with 5 grades at C and above including Maths and English.
- Excellent customer focus and previous experience of working in a front-line role dealing with customer queries.
- Good analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to caseload management, prioritising and planning where required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships and actively participate in team meetings.
- Able to work on own initiative but also as part of a team.
Working at Aviva Investors
- Knowledge of good lending practice with prior experience in a financial, banking or real estate environment preferable although full training will be provided.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group - the UK's largest insurance company - we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today's investor.
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today's investor. When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. We care deeply about this, which is why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow. We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of how we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area's needs vary. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed
disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please send an email to GlobalRecruitment@avivainvestors.com
* As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.