LDI Portfolio Manager - Credit - London The Role
We have an exciting new role for a Portfolio Manager within the LDI Portfolio Management Team. The LDI team manage funds for pension and insurance clients ranging from duration management, absolute return (including our recently launched Return Plus fund range) and implementation of client instructed trades.
The successful Portfolio Manager will be an integral member of the team, responsible for benchmark setup, portfolio construction, implementation, monitoring and oversight of LDI portfolios on behalf of both pensions and insurance clients (currently we have clients with GBP, EUR and CAD liabilities). Responsibilities
- Take on primary portfolio management responsibilities for investment mandates while supporting the senior portfolio managers on more complex mandates:
- Setting up liability benchmarks
- Creating an appropriate gilts/swaps hedge to manage interest rate and inflation risk
- Portfolio structuring, idea generation and trade implementation,
- Sovereign, SSA and corporate issuer analysis
- Cash/collateral management
- Performance attribution and reporting
- Managing client instructed trades process and taking responsibility for related trade implementation, including linear and non-linear instruments across rates, credit, equity and FX markets.
- Lead statistical / econometric research in the fixed income market
- Carry out specific research projects
- Consume economic and market research to support the active idea generation for LDI mandates and the wider Macro team
- Present to clients at regular investment update meetings
- Mathematical Degree and appropriate financial qualification e.g. CFA
- In depth understanding of global fixed income markets, particularly sovereign and SSAs
- Previous portfolio management experience
- Demonstrate complex problem-solving capability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive individual
- Supporting development of junior team members
In this role you'll be 'Certified' under the Financial Conduct Authority / Prudential Regulation Authority's Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR). This means that we'll need to complete some regulatory background checks on you before you take up your role and we'll need to ask you some questions on an annual basis to make sure you remain 'fit and proper' and competent to carry out your role. We'll provide training on what holding a SMCR role means when you join us and annually thereafter. Working at Aviva Investors
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group - the UK's largest insurance company - we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today's investor.
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today's investor. When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. We care deeply about this, which is why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow. We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of how we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area's needs vary. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed
disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please send an email to GlobalRecruitment@avivainvestors.com
* As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.