Chapter lead-Engineer (Software development)About the Role
We are looking for a Chapter Lead engineer (Software development and DevOPS)
As Chapter Lead, you have the opportunity to build and maintain a team of great software engineers. You will be responsible for the staffing of your chapter, act as a coach, building and developing your chapter members, understanding and identifying their development needs as well as organizing the resource allocation of chapter members to squads and orchestrate the performance of the chapter.
In the agile context, you will also participate as 'hands-on' squad member to contribute to the success of a squad as well as to retain and grow your people manager as well as technical expertiseWhat to expect:
- Acting as a Chapter Lead
- As a Chapter Lead, you are responsible to hire, coach, and motivate team members of your chapter in order to build a group of talented software engineers that can deliver value in their squads. This activity is expected to take up to 50% of your time and includes:
- Select and recruit squad members with skills to meet projected demand and to have qualified, competent and motivated chapter members.
- Work with the Product Owners and the Engineering Lead to organise the chapter member assignment in squads.
- Coach chapter members on best practices and software design patterns to use in their respective products.
- Ensure transversal consistency of knowledge in the specific Chapters (e.g. Java, Apache Kafka, BPMN/DMN, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, Quality Center or other Test Management Tools, ...), create a culture of excellence and continuous learning and ensures professional growth of members
- Set up knowledge sharing between chapter members and participate in cross-tribe knowledge sharing.
- Develop and design and development programs to fill identified gaps.
- Maintain deep understanding of current technology, database management, programming practices, and future trends through ongoing education, conference attendance and industry press.
- Build a network within and outside the Chapter, maintains relationships with all relevant stakeholders and makes sure they are consulted and informed when needed.
- Ensure chapter members understand the relevant IT policies and standards to apply in their domain
- Set annual objectives and conduct mid-year review and year-end performance appraisal of chapter members
- Orchestrate the feedback collection from Product Owner, Agile Coach, and stakeholders to assess development needs and agree on skills development goals for chapter members
- Perform administrative approvals for squad members (e.g. Holiday requests, Travel requests and expense reports)
- Acting as a squad member
- As a squad member, you also contribute to a squad (50% of time).
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience with 3+ of them in similar role and demonstrable track record.
- Autonomous, empowered with the ability to drive, adapt and respond to change.
- Customer oriented and quality mindset.
- Open-minded, solutions oriented, and a team player - gaining energy through collaboration with others.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Technical skills
- Senior-level Java backend developer with a minimum of five years of experience (Java 8 or newer)
- Senior-level of software development tools (GIT, Maven, IDEA)
- Senior-level in designing and implementing software solutions with high scalability, Performance and resilience (i.e. multi-processing, multi-threading, distributed)
- Senior-level in unit testing, integration testing and mocking tools (JUnit, Mockito).
- Senior-level of continuous delivery process and technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Practical experience of large-scale distributed application frameworks (Kafka, Zookeeper)
- Practical experience in developing financial applications leveraging business process management and automation capabilities
- Practical experience of SSL/TLS, HTTP/S, XML (schema, XSLT)
- Practical experience of IP network and security fundamentals
- Practical experience of databases (Elastic Search, Oracle, JDBC, H2, JPA) and data modelling
- Practical experience of Linux OS (RedHat)
You are a cultural ambassador of the "new" culture. With the following strong emphasis for this role:
What we offer:
- You are an inspiration and you show energy & passion
- You achieve the best result by empowering and given people's responsibility, but at the same time you know how to "excite", challenge and keep the team on their toes
- You stimulate people to really achieve propositions
Experience and knowledge / Affinity
What we offer
- Recognized as subject matter expert
- Proven experience in leading, coaching and mentoring technical staff
- Passionate about people management and people development
- Extensive experience of working in environments involving Agile development
- Background that comprises both solid business understanding as well as high level understanding of high-quality technical product delivery
- We put you in control of career
- We give you a competitive package
- We help you perform at your best
- We help you make a difference
- We give you the freedom to be yourself
We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran/military status.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92474583