Join us as External Communications Consultant within our prestigious client EDF (Edinburgh or Durham, Full-time, Permanent)About Capita
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever - and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.Why Join EDF?
EDF Renewables UK and Ireland have 36 wind farms and a battery storage unit that are already operational, and we want to build five times as much.
Over four nations and four technologies ( solar, onshore wind, offshore wind and battery) the next few years will see various projects being acquired, developed and built. We are growing rapidly.
During each of these stages, it is critical to our business that we develop good relationships with stakeholders we want to work in partnership with such as the media, politicians, interested groups and communities.
It is very important that we are able to build a positive reputation and that we are a partner that can be trusted. We also want to promote the varied and interesting work we are doing.
This is about more than just sending out some press releases and having meetings; it is about building meaningful and worthwhile relationships with people and organisations that make us the renewables company people want to work with.The Role of an External Communication Consultant
The External Communications Consultant will work under the line management of the Senior External Communications Manager as part of the EDF Renewables, External Communications team to deliver the requirements of the company.
We need someone who can support the Senior External Communications Manager on a number of different projects across the EDF Renewables development and operational portfolios.Essential Criteria:
- Demonstrable experience in social and traditional media, stakeholder work and public affairs
- Ability to work alongside external agencies
- Ability to advise on how to deal with external issues proactively and reactively
- Experience in establishing cooperative relationships with political representatives plus community, consumer, and public interest groups.
- Drafting communications plans and press releases
- Establishing relationships directly with journalists, politicians and communities operating nationally and in the vicinity of our developments.
- Responding to requests for information from the media and politicians.
- Providing digital content for EDF Renewables UK website and social media channels where appropriate
- Updating the conference and speaking opportunity tracker
- Working closely with the central external communications and internal communications teams.
- Working closely with the project development and delivery teams to support and advise them.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU AND WISH YOU THE VERY BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATION
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92468944