ID: 11061 Job Title: Data Analyst / Data Scientist Location: Newcastle upon Tyne Salary: £40k - £60k
Our client is a digital organisation on a mission to empower humanity with data for a sustainable digital future, leveraging their machine learning platform to give people greater control over their personal data. They have ambitious plans for growth in 2021 and beyond, and are looking to hire a team of Data Analysts and Data Scientists to support this aim.
In either a Data Analyst or a Data Scientist role, you'll support the product and marketing teams, alongside users and clients. With insights gained from analysing large data sets, you'll find opportunities for product and process optimisation, using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. You'll have a proven ability to drive business results with your data-based insights, and a passion for pushing the limits of creating and running algorithms on mobile devices.Skills and Experience:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on product development.
- A Master's or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- 2 years' experience in a Data Analyst or Data Scientist role or similar field.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience analysing data from 3rd party providers (both proprietary and public/open)
- Experience with tools and environments provided by at least one major cloud provider (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
- Working with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business insight and personalisation solutions
- Mining and analysing data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Developing custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Using predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, personalisation and other business outcomes.
- Developing A/B testing frameworks and testing model quality.
- Coordinating with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Developing processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
If you are a Data Analyst or Data Scientist and think you'd be a great fit for this role, click "apply" and we'll get things rolling. If you'd like to find out more about this or any other job with us, please get in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92467922