Outreach Mentor - South West London
Do you have a passion for supporting children and young people with additional needs and mental health disorders?
Do you have current experience working with young people who are not able to attend school and have a background with mental health challenges?
Are you keen to make a difference to the lives of children and young people whilst building your experience and furthering your career in SEND/SEMH?
I am actively recruiting engaging and passionate Outreach Mentor for a Service that provides education to children who are unable to attend school due to complex mental health disorders and other learning needs.
You will be supporting a Year 10 child who is currently in care and will require support both in their care, and local settings such as a library. The student has a particular interest in sports predominantly football so if you have interests is always an excellent way to build rapportOutreach Mentor requirements:
- Experience of supporting with emotional regulation and with positive behaviour/de-escalation strategies
- positive role model to support communication, with a sensitive, nurturing and consistent approach
- Experience of working with young people with Autism, ADHD, sensory processing difficulties and learning difficulties.
- Or experience with SEMH, Trauma, Sensory processing, social communication
- Mentoring/teaching background
- Ability to build strong and meaningful relationships
- Experience of working with disengaged teenagers is essential
Interested in hearing more?
- Outreach mentor
- £80-£95 per day, depending on experience (PAYE)
- Excellent experience and training for aspiring Child Psychologists, Educational Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Counsellors, and Social Workers
- Opportunity to make a huge social impact
- Extensive training on offer!
If you want to hear more about Learning Mentor opportunities, please get in touch! You can apply by response to this advert, uploading your CV to our website, or emailing your CV to email@example.com
If you are not contacted within 5 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and you are welcome contact us to discuss your SEND career development.
Parker Smith Inclusion is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We will help you with this.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Parker Smith Inclusion Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the new GDPR requirements.