We are currently experiencing rapid growth as an organisation, and working in partnership with large reputable partners to develop programmes, and submit funding proposals to deliver this work. This diverse role will work across all funding streams, and support the organisation to develop strategic partnerships to help us achieve our goals, and increase our income.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about international development, and health promotion, and is able to work independently. The ideal candidate will have experience of managing diverse income streams, and building strong relationships with partners and funders.
Responsible to: CEO
Located: Home based, with occasional travel throughout the UK and the opportunity to travel to Zambia.
Salary: £26-28k (dependent on experience)
Hours: Full Time - 40 hours per week
Flexible Working: Given the nature of the role it is expected that the post-holder will work flexibly. This may include working extended hours, evenings, and weekends.
We're looking for a highly driven individual, skilled in engagement who can demonstrate a passion for connecting people to a cause and inspiring action. This is an exciting new opportunity to work with a growing international health development charity, to build on and develop our work with partners and funders. You will be primarily responsible for cultivating, managing, sustaining, and growing relationships.
Trust and foundations - Carrying out research, developing a pipeline, writing applications, writing reports and building relationships with trusts, foundations and institutional funders such as FCDO and Scottish Government.
Alumni fundraising - On Call Africa has a large network of volunteers who have helped to deliver our work in Zambia. The Post-holder will work with the Volunteer team to develop an alumni network to continue to engage doctors after their volunteer placement with On Call Africa.
Partnerships - developing relationships with existing and prospective partners and work together to develop joint fundraising bids.
Strategy - Develop the organisational fundraising strategy to support On Call Africa's strategic objectives. As a member of the senior management team the post-holder will also contribute to strategic direction of the organisation.
Marketing and communications - Maintain communication with donors through regular newsletters, social media and website updates. Devise and run fundraising campaigns to support strategic objectives.
Event fundraising- Organise a diverse range of fundraising events such as dinners, challenge events, and engagement events.
Database management - The post-holder will manage the On Call Africa CRM database, ensuring that the database is up to date and GDPR compliant.
The successful candidate must have a proven ability to work independently and flexibly to achieve outcomes without close supervision and without administration support. We are looking for an individual who is motivated by a passion for international development, an effective communicator, and who is familiar with the demands of running a small charity.
Skills and experience
Knowledge and experience
1. Strong evidence of fundraising success from a diverse range of funding sources including trusts, community/events, and statutory fundraising
2. A track record in developing and delivering fundraising strategies and plans that support organisational growth
3. Proven track record in working towards and exceeding income generation targets
4. Demonstrable experience of developing donor relationships with individual and corporate major donors
5. Working knowledge of donor and supporter contact management, including use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or donor database
6. Proven track record in effectively managing budgetary and financial tasks
7. Knowledge of current fundraising guidelines and legislation
8. Working in partnership with other organisations to submit funding applications
Skills and abilities
1.Ability to create and implement strategic plans
2. Proven ability to build strong and lasting relationships with a range of external supporters and influence and negotiate with external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes
3. Excellent coordination and organisational skills
4. Ability to use a range of fundraising techniques related to securing unrestricted and restricted funding
5. First class communicator with the ability to communicate On Call Africa's vision and activities to a range of audiences / funders
6. Financial management and budgetary control skills
7. Highly developed written skills with proven ability to write a range of materials including emotive and compelling prose suitable for different audiences
8. Working knowledge of using IT: key social media platforms, CRM/contact databases, the Microsoft Office Suite
Personal qualities and attributes
1.High levels of enthusiasm, self-motivation and a self-managing 'can do' attitude
2. High levels of determination and willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities
3. Collaborative and supportive attitude in a team
4. Willing to challenge stereotyping, prejudice, discrimination and bias
5. Enjoy using own initiative and being creative
6. Effective team leader and team player
1.Happy and able to travel across the UK when needed
2. Happy and able to work some evenings and occasional weekends
3. Willing to carry out any additional work, challenges and responsibilities as needed by the organisation
4. Willing to travel to Zambia