Assisting in the delivery of effective and efficient value for money library and information services that meet the needs of the community of Moray in accordance with Council policy.
- Effectively and efficiently carry out all service point routines and tasks to the agreed quality standards.
- Assist users to acquire ICT handling skills.
- Participate in promotional events and activities for adults and children.
- Undertake financial and administrative tasks in line with Council policy and procedures.
- Participate in training and development opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure the security of the building.
- User of or currently working a public library service.
- 6 SQA Standard Grades or equivalent at level 3 or above.
- ECDL ( If not already held it will be a condition of employment that this training is undertaken)
- Filing skills.
- Keyboard skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Book knowledge.
- Knowledge of Moray's heritage & the local area
- Prioritises tasks/action.
- Ability to follow routines.
- Capable of working unsupervised.
- Staff employed on a relief basis must be available to work at short notice.
- Good customer care / people skills.
Closing Date: 7 May 2021
Starting Salary: £17,850 (pro rata)
£9.47 per hour
21 Hours per week
Timetable includes two evenings per week and one in four Saturdays
Proposed Interview Date: tbc
For further information please contact Philip Davidson, Community Librarian, tel 01343 562619, email firstname.lastname@example.org.