Mid-Level Test Engineer / Automation /£40,000 - £50,000 / Maidenhead
A Global Software Technology company based in Reading are looking to add multiple Test Engineers (Junior and Mid Level) to their existing QA team.
- Delivering against testing plans, liaising with customer service/support and development functions. Taking an active involvement in the quality of the delivered product.
- Writing and executing functional and non-functional test against deliverable products (manual and automated). Covering aspects of testing such as UAT, stress testing, performance testing, API testing.
- Responsible for maintaining and extending test cases and scripts for the Product line and its associated tools.
- Responsible for feature test activities, from designing, test analysis, executing, raising and tracking defect, test estimation.
- Work with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Developers and fellow team members to complete product delivery goals.
- Conducting internal acceptance and deployment testing prior to release to customers.
Essential Skills and Personal Attributes
- Proactive and Energetic and a self starter QA/Test engineer, willing to contribute quality of the company's products. With a desire to create an impact on a growing team.
- Strong communicator in both face-to-face and virtual settings.
- Willing to take ownership of software quality over areas of the product, coming a subject matter expert.
- Fundemental knowledge of software testing, with up to two years industry experience.
- Technically proficient in an object orientated language is desirable.
- Experience in functional/UAT Testing is required.
- Practical experience working in teams which have adopted any of the following; Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Test Drive Development (TDD) or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) is desirable.
- Experience in mobile application testing is desirable.
- Experience of working in Agile based SCRUM teams desirable.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject. S.T.E.M subject is desirable.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92557584