Role will be part of our Quality Engineering & Assurance (QE&A) Practice. With more than 650 clients across industry verticals and a global footprint, Cognizant QE&A practice is a recognized thought leader in quality engineer and Assurance .As enterprises simplify, modernize and secure their legacy environments for the digital era, robust quality Engineering and assurance is essential. Quality takes an end-to-end connotation and must straddle both legacy and digital systems. Cognizant QE&A is reimagining QE&A, employing an end-to-end ecosystem approach with intelligent and automated QA processes. In so doing, increasing quality and speed to promote faster business and technology change, as well as a better customer experience.
Project is for a specialist private equity investor focused on software and service businesses. Cognizant is part of the QE&A consisting SIT, NFT Testing and Environment teams.
Role and Responsibilities :
- To perform Programme Test Manager activities for clients
- Should be able to handle large complex programme from testing leadership perspective
- An individual should have an experience in creating Test Plan, Test Strategy and will be ensuring that team is adhering to STLC process.
- The role will involve interacting with 3rd parties & client's permanent staff on an on-going basis through the day
- Should be able to track testing activities and ensure they are being completed and meeting the passing criteria and provide a clear and unambiguous update to delivery management on the status of testing
- Strong knowledge and well versed with entry, exit & deliverable criteria across all phases of STLC process
- End to End test management for multiple projects for the client
- Understand project / technical requirements, work with Business and IT team, and define Test Strategy / Test Plan for the projects
- Partner closely to develop and maintain maintain strong working relationships with business, technology/IT services, product architecture and other associated functions to develop the best technical solutions that expedite delivery of IT solutions, provide an excellent customer experience as well as drive operational efficiency
- Environment Planning
- Preparing various daily/weekly status reports and attending daily status calls/defect triage calls
- Responsible for developing QA solutions, test policies & procedures
- Creating test approaches, test strategies and implementing QA methodologies and best practices to ensure quality standards are met.
- Guide & Implement Automation solutions
- Oversee technological execution of the recommended automation solution roadmap across project teams
- Implement best practices of shift left approach automation for increased ROI
- Manage Test Environments & testing tools
- Process improvement/transformation initiatives
- Performing Test estimation & ensuring seamless deliveries are made
- Ensuring appropriate planning and management of the test resources, their work load, performance and delivery targets, etc.
- Manage day to day activities of the quality engineering team in a fast paced software development environment
- Manage deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications, and budgets
- Monitors and tracks project progress, and reports findings to leadership teams
- Provide guidance to engineering team and other associated departments and serve as primary point of contact of testing contact and liaison between technology, product and operations.
- Adopt himself and motivate team to adopt to the new ways of working in the future
Key Skills and Experience :
- E2E Programme Test Management expereince
- Coordination Skills (Environment, Release Management, Infra, Business Functions, Development and 3rd party suppliers)
- Good Understanding of Testing Process
- Good Understanding of End to End Delivery and also experiences in all Testing types
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Good Stakeholder Management & Client Coordination skills
- End to End Programme & Stakeholder Management skills
- Strong Verbal/Written communication & Interpersonal skills
- Experienced in Test Automation process and Testing life cycle models
- Strong analytical & Negotiation Skills
- Risk Analysis and Mitigation Plans
- Status Reporting
- Team player
Nice to have Skills:
- Automation/Technical Knowledge
- API Testing
- Experience working on Test management tools like Jira, ALM, etc.
- Exposure to Non Functional Testing
- ETL Testing & DB knowledge
- Banking Domain
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92475348