Join us as a PMO Lead - G7 Grade
Remote based at present, otherwise Croydon, Manchester based (Full-time, Permanent)
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever - and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
Why Join Home Office?
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change in one of the great Departments of State. We are delivering significant transformation in order to continue keeping our citizens safe and our country secure. New technology and the fast-evolving nature of the threats we face mean we must adapt, and adapt fast, and with the UK leaving the EU, the need for change is greater than ever.
The Role of a PMO Lead
The post holder will also be responsible for managing the Programme Management Office (PMO) services, assuring and interpreting data, presenting information in dashboards, ensuring the integrity of the services and processes across the Programme, and developing the skills and capabilities across the PMO team. The PMO manager is responsible for delivery of services to the programme and portfolio that include (but are not limited to):
· Demonstrable experience of managing PMOs in a complex environment and for large programmes
o Planning, reporting, risk, resource management and all PMO Processes
· Attention to detail and ability to critically evaluate information gathered across multiple sources
· Programme management experience
· Evidence of strong stakeholder engagement skills with a proven track record of engaging and managing multiple stakeholders, tailoring messages appropriately, influencing others and gaining their agreement and cooperation
· Proven problem-solving skills
· Competent in using MS Office tools; Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Project.
· Agile and PRINCE2 methodologies
· Experience in managing PMO support in a range of projects in a technical environment
· Awareness of commercial and financial management
· Experience overseeing and managing Supplier resources
· Prince2/APM or similar
· Effective communication skills
· Confident in giving advice to the team and dealing with all queries
· Good interpersonal skills
· Providing best practice advice and guidance to PMO/PSO staff within the Portfolio on the best use of project management disciplines, approaches and products within a fast-paced technical environment.
· Accountable for driving quality improvements across reporting, risk, issue, dependency and planning management.
· Drive consistent, high quality reporting and analysis of management information to support the Senior Leadership Team in taking effective and timely decisions.
· Liaise with the HO Portfolio Office and the Programmes and Projects Delivery Directorate (PPD) to promote consistent, best practice programme processes, including the adoption of PPM tooling
· Support the Programme/Portfolio Director and their leadership team to ensure efficient delivery of PMO services
· Manage and develop PMO/PSO staff through management, facilitation of training sessions across all Cyber Portfolio PMO service areas, creation of guidance, tools and inductions
· Drive regular Workstream reviews within the Programme to ensure change can be adopted effectively against Business as Usual (BAU) plans facilitating workshop with key stakeholders within the Programme.
Typical Qualifications & Professional Memberships:
· PRINCE2 Practitioner
· Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner
· Agile Project Management Practitioner
· Management of Risk Practitioner
· P3O Practitioner
· Managing Successful Programmes Advanced Practitioner
· APM Practitioner Qualification
· APM Registered Project Professional
· Project Leadership Programme
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application.
Please note successful applicants will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92473297