Empowering Learning are supporting an independent SEN group that has schools / provisions based across London.
They are seeking to appoint a Head of Post 16 / Careers to lead the careers curriculum and the management of careers advice, work-experience, apprenticeships/traineeships programme, from September 2021 on a part-time basis (3 -4 days per week, non-term time) in South London.
Salary £48,000 - £55,000 per annum (Pro rata)
The SEN group consists of Ofsted rated Good and Outstanding schools and services for pupils aged 7 to 19 with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. They are committed to achieving the best outcome for each pupil and their family through access to excellent education and family support, aswell as providing a sector-leading therapeutic education and pupil leadership curriculum via their residential day schools.
You will be based in a state-of-the-art building, offering Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programme to include traineeships, apprenticeships and internal employment opportunities. This will meet the Gatsby Benchmarks and form a central thread for the 'Entrant to Employment' pathways for pupils. These pathways are required to achieve the group's 5-year aim of more than 25% of employees being recruited from their alumni.KEY REQUIREMENTS
Closing date for applications - Friday 14th May 2021
- Current / previous Head of Post 16 and careers experience
- Qualified Teacher (QTS/QTLS) with a minimum of 5 years' teaching experience and 2 years' leadership experience
- Working knowledge of Gatsby Benchmarks and the statutory guidance for careers
- Experience of managing young people with ASC/SEMH needs
- Working knowledge of main progression routes into technical and vocational as well as academic post 16/18 pathways
- Experience of leading whole school initiatives
To discuss this role in more detail, please contact Kenny Fraser at Empowering Learning on 07858 027 773