Scunthorpe, North LincolnshireContract:
Permanent, full-time, 37 hours per week.Start:
As soon as possible, but fully negotiableStarting Salary:
c£50,000 (Including Management Allowance), depending upon the applicant's skills and experience.Relocation:
A relocation allowance may be available where the employee's new home is reasonably close to the workplace and the former home is not.
John Leggott College is a successful (OFSTED Grade 2 'Good') 16-19 Sixth Form College, located on a busy but pleasant site in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. The College is just ten minutes from the M180 which is fed directly from the M18 and then the M1 - you'd be able to commute here quite easily from most of the towns and conurbations in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, including Pontefract, Doncaster, Sheffield, Grimsby, Lincoln and Hull. The college was confirmed as 'Good' in May 2018 and the Department for Education has affirmed we are also in solidly 'Good' financial health.
This is a vital appointment for our award-winning College. Reporting to a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the role will be to lead the Business and Law Area, (many Colleges would call this a 'Faculty Head'), all highly popular subjects with our students and together representing a significant part of our College, including many gifted and talented students.
The main challenge in the role will be to maintain and continually improve the good results achieved in the Area. Evolution, not revolution, is what is needed - constantly looking for small improvements, better methods, and new techniques wherever we can find them, pushing an already-successful Area into truly outstanding practice. We are looking for someone who can work with pace and have a continual focus on student outcomes. We need someone who maintains team spirit and realises the very best from all their colleagues and staff. Our ideal leader will reward excellence, recognise where change is needed, and move forward in a supportive manner, always ensuring our students leave us with positive progression opportunities.The role will suit:
In return, we offer:
- Anyone with a proven track record of outstanding teaching practice in a Business or Law related subject
- Someone who can consistently deliver high value-added results and inspire, coach and develop colleagues to do the same
- A teacher who is already successful at leading a team; OR a really effective mainscale teacher who can show the ability to drive, motivate, support and lead the department to deliver outstanding results
For an application pack and to read more about the vacancy, please visit www.jlcbusiness.co.uk or telephone our advisers ASDTi on 07736 775776, or e-mail them at email@example.com
- An exciting post in a successful and award-winning College serving local communities
- The opportunity to shape and develop an Area within the College that makes a real difference to the lives of young people
- The challenge and stimulation of working alongside dedicated educationalists, capable support service managers, and wonderful students
ASDTi are available during the working day, in the evening or at weekends to answer any questions you have and to help you make your application. If you'd like a tour of our fantastic college, please contact ASDTi and they will try to arrange this.The closing date for applications is Tuesday 18th May 2021 at 9am. Interviews will probably be held during the following week.
John Leggott College has a strong commitment to Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. Successful candidates will be subjected to enhanced checks by the Disclosure & Barring Service.